So you are on a search to get one of the best air fryers available in the market, you have heard a lot of positive reviews about the Nuwave oven but, none seem to have answered the most crucial question for your need; “is the Nuwave oven an air fryer?”
If you have been looking for a detailed answer to this question, then you are in the right place. Because in this article, I will do a comprehensive review of the Nuwave oven for you. You will find the answer to your question and ultimately determine whether the Nuwave Oven is the right choice of product for you or not.
The Nuwave Oven is a product that uses infrared energy together with conduction and convection to cook foods. It also can cook frozen foods without the need to defrost or preheat them.
Nuwave, the manufacturer of this product, calls the product’s use of infrared energy, convection, and conduction, a triple combo cooking power. And the product is designed specifically in this way to ensure even and proper preparation of food.
Who can use the NuWave Bravo XL?
The Nuwave Oven is suitable for everyone. It is counter-top installed, so you do not need to create a large space for it to fit into your small kitchen. And if you cannot afford to create a permanent space for it, the product is light enough to move around and put back in storage after use.
Key Features of the NuWave Bravo XL
Triple combo cooking power
The key feature of the Nu-wave oven is the triple combo cooking power combination it offers. To ensure that your meals are thoroughly and evenly made. The product uses a conduction technology to heat up your meals, uses Infrared energy to ensure food is cooked from within while locking in moisture and flavor. And a convection technology similar to that of an air fryer to blow the heat around the cooking chamber.
This feature is also what makes the product versatile enough to replace several cooking appliances in your kitchen, including the air fryer and the microwave.
Another key feature of the Nuwave Oven is that it offers multiple cooking options, backed by time and temperature control features, for easy versatility. You can bake, broil, barbecue, sear, steam, roast, and air fry foods quickly and easily with your Nuwave Oven. The product also cooks faster than the standard oven without consuming as much energy.
You do not need to defrost or preheat your frozen foods if you are cooking them with the Nu-wave Oven because the product will take care of the whole thawing to the cooking process for you.
Lightweight and portability
This feature makes the Nu-wave Oven perfect for RV use. and to take on camps if you would like to. The product is lightweight and can easily be moved without compromising on capacity since it also comes in a capacity large enough to cook a 10-pound turkey.
This product also offers the following additional features to provide users with easy and safe food preparation:
- Touch and go digital controls for easy customization of cooking settings
- Temperature control ranging from 100F-350F and adjustable in 1F increments to enable you to regulate cooking temperatures
- A large capacity that lets you cook up to a 10-pound turkey, and extendable to 16 pounds with the help of extender rings
- A locking mechanism that holds the dome to the powerhead to avoid separation when the product is hot. This is to guard against steam escape that might lead to burning accidents while cooking.
- Dishwasher-safe parts that make cleaning easy after use.
- An adjustable timer control to prepare meals for up to 24 hours on a low temperature; and 2 hours on maximum temperatures. This is to offer the versatility you need for your cooking options.
- Power of 1500W, for fast cooking processes, but with less energy consumption than the traditional standard oven
Product Pros and Cons
Is the Nuwave Oven an air fryer?
From the product review carried out on the Nuwave oven pro, it is clear that the answer to the question: “is the Nuwave oven and air fryer” is NO.
The Nuwave oven offers an air frying option, but it differs from the air fryer in the following ways:
- Air fryers generally use the rapid, hot air convection technology to cook foods, while the Nuwave oven uses a combination of conduction, convection, and infrared energy.
- Air fryers generally cook in the air frying basket, while the Nuwave oven cooks on a rack.
- Smoke generated while using the air fryer is not contained, but even when the Nuwave oven releases smoke, the smoke released is contained within the oven since it uses a dome cover. This means is that the air fryer requires ventilation while in use, but the Nuwave Oven does not.
The Nuwave oven indeed performs the function of the air fryer. But, if you really want to get an air fryer, you should know that the Nuwave Oven is not an air fryer.
Recommended accessories for the Nuwave Oven
If you are buying the Nuwave oven, then you should also consider getting the following accessories alongside your product for a better cooking experience:
Extender rings are for extending your Nuwave cooking dome to take more food at once. It is recommended that you buy extender rings if you have a large family. Or you plan on cooking for a large group of friends and loved ones. But it is also advisable to have one within your reach should the need arises to make use of it. You can also get grill racks for larger capacity grilling when you need it. Buy grill racks and extender rings compatible with your device along with your product when you order from Amazon:
- Extender Ring Compatible with Nuwave Oven Dome Pro Plus, Elite & More
- 4-inch Stainless Steel Grill Rack Compatible with NuWave Oven PRO Models ONLY
Parchment liners/Cooking mesh
Parchment papers or liners and cooking meshes are great for reducing the mess on your cooking grate. And to further prevent food from sticking onto it. They are also readily available on Amazon, but you should check sizes before you buy them, to ensure that they will fit into your Nuwave Oven.
- Cooking Baking Accessories Compatible with NuWave Oven Pro, Pro Plus & Elite Models – Convection Oven Baking & Cooking Tools Set – Grill Mat, Grill Mesh, and Silicone Cooking Mat
Frequently asked questions on the Nuwave Oven.
Can I use aluminum foil with my Nuwave Oven?
You can use aluminum foil in your Nuwave oven if you want to. You can also use glass and oven-safe cooking bags. Products recommended for use in the regular oven are also very suitable for the Nuwave oven, as long as you use them accordingly.
Can I cook pizza in my Nuwave Oven?
Yes, you can cook your pizza using your Nuwave oven. Check to see if your instruction manual comes with the recommended temperature and cooking time for pizza. On the other hand, if you do not know how to, you can check for guidelines on the internet to learn how users who have successfully cooked pizza with their Nuwave Oven went about it.
The Nuwave Oven is not an air fryer, but it comes with the air frying cooking option that lets you use it as one. It is also as versatile as most air fryers are and can conveniently be used in place of the air fryer. So if you do not have a compulsion to get an air fryer and all you want to know is whether you can air fry with the Nuwave Oven, then yes, you can go ahead to buy the Nuwave Oven.