Technological evolution is fast taking over and the cooking world is not left behind. People continue to seek more convenient, fast, and healthy practices around their kitchens and for this reason, air fryers have been one of the greatest additions to the modern kitchen.
The invention of air fryers is quickly phasing out the traditional and other old cooking appliances and methods for a good reason. They are economical, fast, and offer great health benefits by cutting calories by up to 70% to 80%.
Today, in this GoWise USA Air Fryer 5.8 qt, review, we explore key features and benefits that will leave you with an informed decision on whether you should acquire one for your kitchen.
GoWise USA Air Fryer 5.8 qt is one of the most advanced air fryers in the market suited for large families of up to four or anyone looking to be healthy.
Apart from the larger basket size, the air fryer also boasts a wide temperature range of 180°F – 400°F for fast cooking also highly recommended for busy households and use during parties.
This air fryer has a full digital display touchscreen menu with 8 smart cooking presets. You can choose to adjust manually or use the 1-8 in-built presets while baking, frying, toasting, or grilling.
That’s not all, the user manual also guides you on preset preferences for different meals like- preferred cook time and temperature range for cakes, chicken, steak, fish, pork, shrimp, fries, and even pizza.
You can’t just afford to miss this appliance in your kitchen.
At only 4 ounces heavy, this air fryer looks stylish on your countertop, the beautiful control display adds even more glamour to your kitchen environment.
Additionally, this air fryer is also not very tall and therefore fits well in a small kitchen and is also very portable.
What a perfect gift for moms and dads who love cooking!
With a temperature range of between 180°F-400°F coupled with high-speed air technology and a cooking timer of up to 30 minutes, you are assured of crispy excellently cooked meals free from extra calories.
Your curiosity to always check on how your food is cooking is made easy with a cool-touch handle. You can pull the basket and check on contents without worrying about ever getting burnt as the housing is also well insulted.
This is another cool feature that blew me away about this air fryer. With alarm intervals of 5, 10, and 15 minutes to remind you when to shake the contents, you are guaranteed evenly cooked or reheated meals from time to time without any guesswork.
This function allows you to change the settings-both temperature range and timer. This can be done midway through your cooking without worrying about interrupting the cooking process. Perfectly cooked meals will still be achieved.
GoWise USA Air fryer 5.8 qt is easy to clean, thanks to its non-stick pan and a detachable basket that can be pulled out and also cleaned separately.
GoWise USA Air Fryer comes with a recipe book with tons of recipes to choose from. With over 50 recipes included in the book, the list of what you can prepare with this air fryer is endless.
This air fryer and all other products from GoWise have a 1-year limited warranty and a downloadable user manual from their website.
Cool-touch handles add even more convenience when using the fryer basket.
Setting up and using GoWise USA Air Fryer 5.8 qt is very easy with the below step-by-step instructions:
- Unpackage and clean both the pan and basket with a non-abrasive sponge and wipe with a clean cloth inside out. Note: Wash with hot water and some soap for first-time use.
- Place on a flat surface far from heat. DO NOT USE NEAR HEAT SOURCE.
- Plug into a power source and set to around 350°F for about 5 minutes to burn any manufactures’ residue if you are using it for the first time.
- Using the basket slide in/out button, slide-out, and place your ingredient and slide back into the appliance. Here, the LCD display should illuminate.
- Turn on by pressing the START/POWER button and set a cooking time and temperature. You can do this manually or by selecting from the 8-preset menu on the screen.
- Press the START/POWER button again. Four dots should blink just below the LCD display. The air fryer should go on standby mode in case the dots are solid.
- Use the PAUSE/RESUME button in case you need to make changes like adding more ingredients or even changing cook time and temperature. Press the same button to start over the fryer again
- Midway through your cooking circle you can slide out the basket and shake the ingredients for even cooking. DO NOT SHAKE THE PAN AND BASKET TOGETHER-they may detach unexpectedly and cause injuries or food spillage.
- The timer beeps five times once cooking is done. Thereafter, the fan stops approximately 20 seconds later.
- Slide-out the pan and put it on a potholder, be careful at this stage as the oil from the ingredients will collect at the bottom of the pan.
- Slide up the button guard, press the release button to detach the basket from the pan, and pour the ingredients into a plate ready for your serving.
- To avoid scratching the baskets’ non-stick coating, consider using a pair of non-metallic or non-abrasive tongs.
- Press the START/POWER button, the fan should run for approximately 20 seconds before going into a sleeping mode. Note: Unplug the fryer from the power source to turn it off completely.
For more detailed instructions on how to use and care for your GoWise Air Fryer 5.8 qt, kindly see this user manual from the manufactures here.
The air fryer has detachable parts which make it very easy to clean. Wait until it cools down then pull removable parts-the pan and fryer basket.
Use mild detergent to clean the non-stick coated pan to avoid scratching.
Consult your user manual for finer details.
How many watts is this product?
The GoWise USA 5.8 Qt Air Fryer is 1,700 watts.
What are size options are available for GoWise USA air fryers?
Is this GoWise USA Air Fryer dishwasher-safe?
The cleaning instructions in the user manual (page 11) specifically state that the pan and basket should be washed with hot water, soap and a non-abrasive sponge. Soaking is recommended for hard-to-remove food. Some users have reported that washing the basket in the dishwasher results in the coating to peel off and rust over time.
Can you cook a whole chicken in the GoWise USA 5.8 Quart Air Fryer?
Yes. Users have reported being able to cook a 5 lb whole chicken in this air fryer. However, anything bigger than 5 lbs and the 7 quart air fryer may be the better choice.
How big of a family with the GoWise USA 5.8 Quart Air Fryer feed?
Most users have reported that this air fryer can easily feed 3-4 people.
Is any protection needed for quartz or granite countertops?
Some users have reported that the air fryer and pan should be placed on top of a heating pad or trivet to avoid overheating and cracking the counter.
During my testing out this product, I fell in love with almost every feature of this apart from the bad smell it emits when you first use it.
I would highly recommend GoWise USA Air Fryer. Whether for small or big families, this is the go-to air fryer that you can’t afford to do without.