Waffle makers are becoming an essential appliance whether at home or at a bakery shop.
In today’s fast-paced world, many people are fond of easy-preparation and high energy breakfast; thus the importance of having a reliable and convenient waffle machine can not be overemphasized.
With the competitive market flooded with waffle machines/irons all with varied features, settling on an ideal waffle maker for your kitchen or bakery can be a hassle.
Below I share in-depth findings after exploring dozens of waffle machines available in the market for commercial and domestic use.
Let’s dive in.
Bubble waffles (a.k.a. egg waffles) have deeper pockets and a lighter and crispier texture compared to regular waffles. Bubble waffle makers have a deeper and larger grid pattern, which make bubble waffles great for holding syrup.
Last update on 2021-02-26 at 00:56 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
If you have a large family and aren’t on a tight budget, this waffle maker may be for you.. It is capable of baking up to 4 waffles at a time.
However, there’s also a two slice waffle maker you can choose from depending on your specific needs.
LED screens are one of the essential features of this machine. It indicates all your cooking options here. You don’t have to worry when the waffles are cooked and done.
The LED screen also changes colors to show you different stages of your baking.
People’s preferences for waffles can be different. Light/Dark knob helps you adjust each batch of the four waffles separately from darker to a golden brown, and soft to crispy.
Waffle IQ is an internal program that monitors plate temperatures and adjusts them accordingly. No matter how many batches you do in a row (Belgium, classic, chocolate, Buttermilk), you can be sure that they will all cook the same.
This waffle iron also has an audible beep, which will alert you at all baking stages.
You can go about other chores without any worry about your waffles burning up.
It comes with a recipe e-book with more than 20 waffle recipes to choose from.
Important: To protect from electric shock, do not immerse cord plug in any liquid.
- Place on a dry flat surface, do not place anything on top
- Thoroughly wipe waffle maker plates with a damp sponge
- Completely unwind power cord and plug into 110/120V power outlet
- Switch to ON position. Preheating light should flash
- Use the five darkness settings to adjust the brownness of your waffle
- Open the lid and evenly pour half a cup of dough at each waffle square’s center to cover waffle plate peaks.
- An audible alert sounds once the waffle maker has preheated. PREHEATING light goes off, and READY light turns on.
- Close the lid leaving the locking latch open. The COOKING light should illuminate.
- During cooking, you can check the status of your waffle by lifting the lid.
- An audible alert sounds and the COOKING light switches off once the cooking cycle is complete. The READY light should illuminate.
- Repeat steps 7 & 10 to cook more waffles.
- Open the lid, and using a non-metal pancake turner to avoid scratching the non-stick surface, carefully take out your ready waffle.
- Turn the power dial to the OFF position if you are not cooking any more waffles.
Note: COOKING light will switch OFF and READY light ON if the lid remains open for more than 7 seconds. The cooking circle will start afresh when the lid is closed.
Also Note: An audible alert will sound after every 30 seconds if the waffles are not removed immediately. There is nothing to worry about that though.
See more guidelines on the user manual.
For a nice treat for both family and commercial purposes, Cuisinart WMR-CA Round Classic Waffle Maker is unrivaled.
It is suitable for making different waffles, fruit waffles, banana chip waffles, nutty whole meat waffles, and cornmeal waffles.
This waffle maker comes with a silver brushed stainless steel housing that makes it look elegant on your kitchen counter. It is corrosion-free, assured durability.
Depending on your preference, this waffle maker comes with five-setting control that enables you to play with your waffles from light to deep brown. For crisper and darker waffles, consider increasing browning control to #4 or #5.
Your unit will remain steady on the countertop without leaving any scratch marks on the counter.
Dual indicator- one light signals when the waffle maker is ready to bake and the other when the waffle is ready to eat.
- Place on a flat surface and wipe dry with a damp cloth
- Plug code into a 120v AC wall outlet to preheat the waffle maker. The red signal should illuminate then the green light when it is ready to use.
- Pour dough, use a heat-proof spatula, spread it evenly at the lower waffle grid center, and close the lid. The green light goes off, and the red light turns on after a few seconds.
- The green light will illuminate when the waffles are ready to eat.
- For golden brown waffles setting number three is recommended. Browning level is, however, dependent on baking time.
- To remove your ready waffles, gently loosen the edges with a non-metal pancake turner to avoid scratching the non-stick coating.
- Disconnect the plug from the wall outlet once cooking is complete.
Caution: Repairs should ONLY be done by authorized personnel to minimize fire and electric shock risk.
Read in-depth instructions and other recipes here
Made of stainless steel, this waffle maker is rustproof, waterproof, and also easy to clean.
The non-stick pan baking tray can rotate 360 degrees. Food doesn’t stick to the pan as a result; making it is easy to clean.
Rotation also ensures even distribution of dough, which makes food look beautiful.
Independent temperature and timer control knobs help keep you focused on achieving adequate temperature.
ALDKitchen Bubble Waffle Maker Professional is suitable for both home use and commercial purposes like roadside snack bars, fast food restaurants, and social gatherings.
The control panel has an ON and OFF button. The temperature and heat regulation buttons can be used to set temperatures from 30 to 50°C (86 to 122-degrees Fahrenheit).
The green light button will illuminate to show you if the waffle is ready.
Its movable plates allow for a-90 degrees flipping to evenly spread the dough in the waffle maker plate.
Waring (WW180) 25 Waffle/Hr Single Belgian Waffle Maker has notable features practical for commercial usage. Among these features are 1,200W power, rotating plates, audible notification.
It has six heat levels adjustable separately.
The waffle maker also has a practical handle for rotating the plates, which helps evenly spread the dough.
Additionally, you can make one giant waffle, Belgian-style, that can be separated into four pieces, making it very suitable for business.
Thanks to its phenolic foreign-made handles, it is easy to use, making it easy to flip around during baking.
Nordic ware is a very affordable non-stick pan that offers ten years warranty-longest of any waffle maker manufacturer.
Due to its ease of usage, like fast preheating, this waffle maker is suitable for home and commercial use.
A pair of tongs are useful in pulling out your ready waffles without scratching your waffle maker’s non-stick coating such as when you use metal utensils.
Investing in a good non-slip tong will extend your plate’s lifespan.
Make sure to use 100% cotton towels (damp) when drying up your waffle maker plates. This is to avoid scratches and enable the production of those beautiful looking waffles.
If you love waffles then you certainly need this waffle cookbook with simple everyday recipes. A good waffle recipe book gets you unstuck from the rut of cooking your waffles in the same way all the time. It gives you new recipe ideas that make cooking delicious waffles a delightful experience.
Settling for an ideal waffle machine that can produce that soft or crunchy waffle can be tiring and time-consuming. The puzzle of whether to acquire an electric or stovetop waffle maker, huge or small, plus other factors like cost and durability, can be challenging to crack.
In this section, I piece together some factors you will need to consider before acquiring either a home or commercial waffle maker.
Waffle machines and irons are made from different materials. These include; cast steel, non-stick coating, cast iron, and cast aluminum. Waffle squares and pockets also vary.
Some waffle makers come with removable grids that are easier to clean.
Cast Steel – are durable and resistant to scratches. They distribute heat evenly and can be washed in a dishwasher. It is, however, time-consuming when baking as it also takes longer to preheat.
Non-Sticking Coating-easy to clean and maintain. This type also releases waffles in perfect shapes. On the downside, the coating is very delicate and is prone to scratches.
Cast Iron-perfectly retains heat and is very durable. It, however, takes too long to preheat during baking which can be time-consuming when making waffles for commercial purposes.
Cast Aluminium-preheats and bakes fast. The plate surface is, however, prone to scratches.
The shape and the size of the machine you are going for is an equally important factor depending on the type of waffles you wish to serve.
For example, Brussels waffles are best made with a unit with a rectangular shape. Others like Liege waffles, using an irregular shape will work just fine.
Additionally, when choosing a waffle maker, assess the thickness of the waffles you’ll be making. The same applies to the actual size of the appliance and available storage space on your counter.
The voltage required to support your operations in waffle making is fundamental, particularly if you’re shopping for commercial waffle makers.
Electric waffle machines come with a cord and a plug whereby the plug entirely depends on the voltage.
Carefully read a waffle maker’s specifications before you proceed to buy the machine.
Additional features like timer, an audible signal, and temperature regulators can be useful when operating commercially, like in a busy bakery.
You can attend to other chores and maintain consistency in the production of the same quality from time to time. Thanks to the technological revolution.
Use water and beer for crunchy waffles or milk and cream for soft waffles. These waffles are best consumed immediately after removing them from the mold for optimized flavor.
Apply little fat and don’t use much sugar during cooking.
- Use a damp towel, preferably 100% cotton. Clean gently by use of hands.
- Never use scouring powder or harsh abrasive substances.
Visit the ‘accessories’ section of the manufacturer’s website. You can as well reach out to customer service via the contacts given in the manual. We also have a few accessories listed in this post.
- Before you start operating the appliance, carefully read the instructions provided in the manual.
- Test your electrical socket to make sure it is working.
- After doing all these and still doesn’t power or work properly, please take it to an approved repairs workshop. DO NOT dismantle the appliance; this might cost you more so if the warranty is still valid.
When choosing a waffle machine/iron, be sure to consider factors like ease of use, durability, and maintenance.
In my in-depth research on different features of many waffle machines, I’ve come to settle on Breville-BWM640XL-4-Slice-Waffle-Silver as the favorite waffle maker.
However, you can never go wrong with Cuisinart-WMR-CA-Round-Classic-Waffle when on a tight budget—considering that it is also minimal on counter space.
Best Selling Bubble Waffle Makers
Last update on 2021-02-28 at 12:58 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-02-28 at 12:58 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Waffle Irons or Waffle Maker, Wikipedia
- 12 Recipes You Didn’t Know You Can Make With A Waffle Iron, Food Network