Waffles taste better when they are tender and fluffy on the inside but maintain a crispy appearance and taste on the outside. But you already know this, and that is why you are looking for the best waffle maker for crispy waffles.
The Presto 03510 Ceramic FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker does not come with browning settings, which can help determine crispiness, but offers a countdown timer and will make your waffles crispy within your set time.
The Dash DMW001RD Mini Waffle Maker is not just cheap; it also provides you with excellent waffles all the time.
But even if you want a product with more versatility. Or preferably a Waffle Maker With Removable Waffle Plates that you can wash separately and replace when the need arises.
I will point you in the right way with carefully selected options made to meet various cooking needs. And all you have to do is get the information you need to help you make the best buying decision.
Quick Side-by-Side Comparison Table of the Best Waffle Maker for Crispy Waffles
Last update on 2021-02-28 at 09:23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Overall Waffle Maker for Crispy Waffles – Presto 03510 Ceramic FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker
Presto Flipside is an easy pick for the overall best waffle maker for several reasons. The product is quite affordable, easy to use, and produces a 7-inch di waffle that can easily be cut into four sections. The product comes with several features for a better cooking experience, and these features include:
- Ability to lock in a vertical version for easy storage when not in use
- Countdown timer and digital display for easy monitoring of cooking process
- An outer reservoir edge to catch excess batter and minimize mess during cooking
- Non-stick interior to prevent your waffle from sticking on and make cleaning easy after use
- Battery use options, with batteries included in the package so you can use it anytime and anywhere
- A rotating design that allows you to flip your waffle to 180 degrees to spread your batter evenly and produce tender but crispy waffles
Best Budget Waffle Maker for Crispy Waffles – Dash DMW001RD Mini Waffle Maker
The Dash Mini Waffle Maker is very affordable, and it is an excellent product recommendation for singles, dorm use, RVs, camping, and small apartments because of its compact size.
But even though it is small, once the product is heated, you will be making soft but crispy waffles out of it every other minute.
The product comes in different colors and waffle designs to spice up your kitchen space and make cooking fun for you. And other factors you get to enjoy when you buy this waffle maker are:
- Indicator lights to notify you and guide your cooking process
- Non-slip feet for stability and to prevent slips during use
- Simple cooking instructions for easy cooking
- Recipe booklet for more versatile cooking
Best Capacity Waffle Maker for Crispy Waffles – Cuisinart WAF-F20 Double Belgian Maker Waffle Iron
The Cuisinart Double Belgian waffle maker allows you to make two large waffles; fluffy and light on the inside but crispy on the outside for your enjoyment. Its double feature can cater to up to 6 people at once, and it is highly customizable to make your waffles according to your taste.
The features of the Cuisinart double Belgian waffle maker include:
- 6-setting browning control for proper and even cooking results
- Extra deep, one-inch waffle pockets for thick waffles
- A measuring cup for easy filling of the waffle pockets
- Easy to handle rotating feature to ensure both sides produce excellent waffles
- Non-stick coating to prevent your waffles from sticking on to the waffle maker and for easy cleaning after use
- Led lights and beep tones to alert you on the cooking processes
Best Waffle Maker for Crispy Waffles with Removable Plates – KRUPS Belgian Waffle Maker
If you are looking for a waffle maker with removable plates, the Krups Belgian Waffle maker is your best bet. Getting a waffle maker with removable plates will not only make the product easy to clean, but it also means you do not have to trash the entire product when normal wear and tear of plates occurs. All you would need to do is replace them with fitting plates and continue enjoying your waffle maker.
The KRUPS Belgian Waffle maker offers the following features to give you well-made waffles that are fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside:
- Cord wrap and handle lock for easy storage
- a compact design for easy storage when not in use
- Removable non-stick plates for easy cleaning after use
- Extra deep pockets on baked waffles for fillings and stuffing
- A 4 square-shaped waffle capacity that can feed a small family at once
- 5 browning settings from light to dark so that you can make your waffles to your desired tone with ease
- Beep alert so, you do not have to watch the cooking process closely to know when your waffle is done
Best Versatile Waffle Maker for Crispy Waffles – Presto 03512 Stuffler Stuffed Waffle Maker, Belgian
The Presto Stuffler allows you to make waffles with no special batter requirement and with your favorite stuffing baked in them. You can use cake, muffins, pancake, and waffle mixes with this appliance, and you will get crispy but tender results every time. And whether you are stuffing with fruits, veggies, cheese, meat, or chocolate, it will not compromise your taste and quality of waffles produced.
The product offers the following features for easy cooking:
- Built-in waffle tongs to remove your waffles easily after cooking
- 180 degrees flip design for even spreading of the batter
- Non-stick plates for easy cleaning after use
- Nonstick grid that divides your waffle into four east-to-cut sections
- Vertical position lock feature for easy storage when not in use
- Recipe guide for more cooking versatility
Recommended Accessories for Waffle Maker
You should get the following accessories to make using your waffle maker a breeze:
Waffle tongs are great tools for bringing out your waffles from your waffle maker when they are done and ready to eat. They are better options when compared with using your hands or using some other utensil that may not be comfortable. Or a tool that can compromise the quality of your non-stick coating. Very few waffle makers come with built-in tongs or a tong accessory, which is why you are more likely to need to get one separately for your use. But these accessories are readily available and affordable. And you can choose from any of the options below:
- Norpro Grip-EZ Grab and Lift Silicone Tongs, Set of 1
- Tovolo Mini Silicone Easy-Grip Mini Waffle Tongs
A batter dispenser will help you control your batter portions to avoid overfilling your waffle maker, which will lead to spills and leaks. Using a batter dispenser will also help you minimize mess while cooking, and you can make sure you use the same batter quantity for all your waffles, especially if you are watching your calorie intake. You can get batter dispensers in various sizes according to your needs, and they are quite affordable too. Batter dispenser options you can buy with your waffle maker include:
- Chef Buddy Batter Dispenser
- Pancake & Cupcake Batter Dispenser – Perfect Baking Tool for Cupcakes, Waffles, Muffin Mix, Crepes, Cake or Any Baked Goods
Waffle Recipe Book
Buying a waffle recipe book is the best way to maximize the use of your waffle maker. If you do not like eating plain waffles, or you just love trying out new recipes with cooking appliances, then it is highly recommended that you get a good waffle recipe book like any of the following:
- Will It Waffle?: 53 Irresistible and Unexpected Recipes to Make in a Waffle Iron
- DASH DCB001MW Wonderful Mini Waffles Recipe Book with Gluten, Vegan, Paleo, Dairy + Nut Free Options, Over 80+ Easy to Follow Guides, Cookbook
How to Choose the Best Waffle Maker for Crispy Waffles
You must consider certain factors if you are keen on getting the best waffle maker for crispy waffles. And this is because there are a lot of products in the market all aiming to be sold.
Considering these buying factors will not only help minimize your options. But it will also give you a clearer picture of what it is you want and how best to go about getting it. The factors you must consider to get the best waffle maker for crispy waffles include:
Your budget will inevitably reduce your buying options. However, the important thing is that you should look out for the best waffle maker you can get even within the limit of your budget. Because cheap does not necessarily mean low-quality. And there are many affordable waffle makers out there that are just as efficient as the expensive ones.
Your product choice needs to be very functional, especially in doing whatever it has been designed to do. If you are getting a Belgian waffle maker, it should give you the crispy but fluffy Belgian waffles you desire. You should check out the features and reviews of any waffle maker you are considering; to be sure it provides you with the functionality you want before placing an order for it.
A good waffle maker should be easy to use, especially for first-time users. Your waffle maker should have functions that will make your cooking easier. Like the flip function to ensure even distribution of your batter, and controls or timer to ensure proper cooking to your desired taste. If you end up with a waffle maker that is too complicated to use, you will not enjoy using it, which means you will probably just be dumping it in your storage or giving it out as a donation.
Cleaning and Maintenance
The ability to be clean and maintenance your waffle maker without having to do a lot of work will not only help you to eat healthy waffles all the time, but it will also help ensure that your waffle maker lasts longer.
Waffle makers are generally easy to clean, and there are some products with an anti-leak feature to collect excess batter that can also be cleaned with ease. But as much as you will be looking out for the easy cleaning and maintenance feature of your product choice, you should as well know that cleaning your product after every use is necessary to make it last longer.
You should consider what exactly it is that you want to use your waffle maker for when you are buying it.
Do you want a waffle maker that can make other types of mixes, and are you looking for an appliance you can bake toppings in waffles with?
How many persons do you intend to cater to at once with the waffle maker?
These are also questions you need to ask yourself before making a buying decision.
Frequently Asked Questions on the Best Waffle maker for Crispy Waffles.
How do I clean my waffle maker?
The most important step to cleaning a waffle maker is to check your guidelines for cleaning directives. This will help you determine how best to clean your product, especially if there are detachable parts that may not be dishwasher safe.
The best time to clean your waffle maker is after it cools down from cooking heat. Because while it might be dangerous to clean when it’s still hot, leaving it for too long will also cause the batter on it to get dried and become tougher to cleanout.
Generally, you can clean your waffle maker properly in these easy steps:
- Wait for your appliance to cool down after use.
- Wipe crumbs with a damp cloth and remove excess oil from the grip plates
- Wipe the exterior with a damp cloth
- Soak stubborn dried batter in a few drops of cooking oil to soften and wipe with a damp cloth or a paper towel
- If you are using removable plates that are dishwasher safe, you can wash them in the dishwasher. Otherwise, you should clean them gently in warm, soapy water.
- Be sure to rinse the washed parts thoroughly. And air dry your appliance before storing or using it again.
You should avoid using strong abrasives to clean your waffle maker, especially the non-stick coating, as this will lead to accelerated wear and tear of the product.
Is a Belgian waffle maker different from a regular waffle maker?
Yes. The Belgian waffle differs from the regular waffles in terms of pockets and thickness.
The main difference between the Belgian and the traditional waffle is that Belgian waffles are yeast-based, which allows them to rise during the cooking process.
They have deeper pockets to take more stuffing and are fluffier with crisps on the outside.
They are also made using a different recipe from the regular waffle. And if you want to make the authentic Belgian waffle, you will have to get a waffle maker designed to make Belgian waffles.
Why does my waffle split into two?
If you waffle splits, then it could be because of any of these factors:
- Your non-stick is not well coated, or your batter is too sticky.
- An insufficient cooking time before checking in on the waffle
- There is too much batter on the waffle plate.
- Your non-stick grids are not properly seasoned. You should consider using oil that can withstand the heat.
What else can I use my Waffle maker for?
You can enjoy your waffle maker by trying out other waffle recipes you come across. Some waffle makers come with their recipe guidelines to provide you with more versatility, and you can also buy a waffle recipe book for yourself. In the alternative, there are several recipe options you can check and try out on the internet.
Once you have figured out your budget and purpose, getting a waffle maker that suits your needs should be an easy process. You will definitely enjoy your waffles with the Presto 03510 Ceramic FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker. But you can get excellent waffles with the Dash Mini Waffle Maker as well if you do not want to spend money on a waffle maker.
Whatever option of waffle maker you choose, you should make sure it has been well considered, and it will give you the satisfaction you desire.