There are only a few non-toxic waffle makers available in the market. But if you are looking for the best non-toxic waffle maker, then you are at the right place.
The Presto 03510 Ceramic FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker is the best choice you can make when choosing a non-toxic waffle maker. But if you want a cheaper product, the Oster Titanium Infused Dura Ceramic Belgian Waffle Maker, Chrome is a good alternative. And there are other safe-to-use products you can choose to meet your cooking needs too.
Most waffle makers have a Teflon coating on their surfaces that make them non-stick. But Teflon is a material that is known to degrade at high temperatures. Under such high temperatures, they release harmful toxins into the food and air. Teflon-coated appliances, including waffle makers, have a temperature limit. But it is impossible to always monitor your cooking to ensure you are cooking within the temperature limit, especially when your waffle maker has no temperature control settings. And this is why I have put together for you, 5 best non-toxic waffle makers you will enjoy using without having to worry about the cooking effects on your health.
A Quick Side by Side Comparison Table for Best Non-toxic Waffle Maker
Last update on 2021-08-05 at 04:20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Overall Non-toxic Waffle Maker – Presto 03510 Ceramic FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker
The Presto Flipside is a simple, affordable waffle maker that produces a 7-inch diameter waffle that can easily be cut into four sections. It is non-toxic because its waffle plates are made of ceramic coating, which is not only safe under high cooking temperatures but is also more durable than the Teflon coating.
The product comes with several other features for a better cooking experience, and these features are:
- Countdown timer and digital display for easy monitoring of cooking process
- Outer reservoir edge to catch excess batter and reduce mess made during the cooking
- Vertical lock feature for easy storage when not the product is not in use
- A rotating design that allows you to flip your waffle to 180 degrees for even spreading of batter to achieve well cooked, tender, but crispy waffles
- Battery use option, with batteries included in the package so you can use your waffle maker anytime and anywhere
- Non-stick, ceramic coated interior to prevent your waffle from sticking on and make cleaning easy after use.
Best Budget Non-toxic Waffle Maker – Oster Titanium Infused Dura Ceramic Belgian Waffle Maker, Chrome
For the price it is sold, the Oster Titanium is best described as a steal. It’s Dura ceramic coating makes it free from the adverse effects of Teflon, and it also comes with the following feature for better cooking results:
- Temperature control so that you can cook your waffles to your desired taste and tone
- An elegant design that gives your kitchen space a classy look
- Non-stick ceramic coated waffle plates for easy clean up after use.
Best Runner up Non-toxic Waffle Maker – Oster Titanium-Infused Dura Ceramic Waffle Maker
The Oster Titanium-Infused Dura Ceramic Waffle Maker model CKSTVWF1 is a vertically oriented waffle maker free from the horrors of Teflon coating. It makes crispy and fluffy waffles about 7 inches in diameter for your enjoyment.
The waffle maker has a plastic/metal exterior and comes with these other features:
- A measuring cup to prevent overfilling the waffle maker with batter
- Vertical orientation to prevent spilling when pouring the batter into the waffle maker. And ensure space-saving storage of the appliance when it’s not in use.
- Wide top spout for the easy, mess-free pouring of batter into the waffle maker
- Safe to touch handle to prevent burns during and after use
Best Non-toxic Waffle Maker with Removable Plates – Hamilton Beach Flip Belgian Waffle Maker
This is another waffle maker you can buy without worrying about Teflon because it comes with a ceramic coating. The Hamilton Beach Flip Belgian Waffle Maker is an excellent choice for people who want removable waffle plates or grids that can be washed separately.
The product also offers the following features to ensure users’ satisfaction:
- A flip design that lets you flip your waffle during cooking for well done, tender, and crispy results
- A drip tray to catch excess batter and minimize cooking mess
- Polished stainless steel exterior to spice up your kitchen appearance
- Indicator lights for power on and ready to cook alerts to ease your cooking process
- Non-stick ceramic coated removable waffle plates to prevent food from sticking on to the plate during cooking.
- Waffle plates and drip tray are also dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning after use.
Best Versatile Non-toxic Waffle Maker – BELLA Copper Titanium Coated Rotating Belgian Waffle Maker
You can use any batter you like with the Bella Copper Titanium Coated Rotating Belgian waffle maker and get fluffy, crispy results every time. The waffle maker comes with an ultra-durable titanium ceramic coating you will enjoy for a very long time. And in addition to this, the product also comes with the following functions:
- A rotating feature so you can evenly spread your batter for even cooking and fluffy, crispy results
- Browning control with 9 settings to cook your waffles to your personal preference
- A removable drip tray to catch excess batter and minimize cooking mess
- A folding handle for easy and compact storage after use
- Non-stick copper titanium ceramic coating to prevent food from sticking on and for easy cleaning after use
Recommended Accessories for Non-toxic Waffle Maker
Waffle Recipe Book
If you enjoy trying out recipes with your kitchen appliances. Or you are tired of plain waffles and would love to try out alternatives, you will need to buy a waffle recipe book to get the best from your waffle maker.
Recipe books are generally quite affordable, and the waffle maker recipe is no different. You can pick one that suits your diet, even if you are a vegan or on a Keto meal plan, and enjoy the versatility your waffle maker has to offer. Some good recipe books you can buy are:
- DASH DCB001MW Wonderful Mini Waffles Recipe Book with Gluten, Vegan, Paleo, Dairy + Nut Free Options, Over 80+ Easy to Follow Guides, Cookbook
- Will It Waffle?: 53 Irresistible and Unexpected Recipes to Make in a Waffle Iron
You can also look for food recipes you can try with your waffle maker on the internet, either as an alternative to buying a recipe book. Or to complement recipes in your recipe book.
Unless your waffle maker comes with a waffle tong, you will need waffle tongs to bring out your waffles when they are done. Using your bare hands is not hygienic or safe, and using other tools might scratch your non-stick surface and compromise the quality of the product.
Fortunately, waffle tongs are also not expensive and are readily available in different kinds. Waffle tong recommendations you can use with your waffle maker include:
- Tovolo Mini Silicone Easy-Grip Mini Waffle Tongs
- Norpro Grip-EZ Grab and Lift Silicone Tongs, Set of 1
A batter dispenser is necessary to regulate batter potions and help you get perfect sized waffles. It is also best to buy a batter dispenser to achieve mess-free pouring of batter and portion control; if you are watching the number of waffles you make and eat.
Like other accessories, you do not need to spend a lot to get a durable batter dispenser. And this product can help you portion the various types of batter mixes for your baking activities too. You can buy any of these batter dispensers at affordable prices on Amazon:
- Pancake & Cupcake Batter Dispenser – Perfect Baking Tool for Cupcakes, Waffles, Muffin Mix, Crepes, Cake, or Any Baked Goods
- Chef Buddy Batter Dispenser
Buying Guide for Best Non-toxic Waffle Maker
If you are trying to get the best non-toxic waffle maker for you and your loved ones, then you should use these factors as a buying guide to choosing the most suitable option for you:
Waffle Plate Coating
This is the feature you need to look out for if you are aiming to buy a non-toxic waffle maker for you and your loved ones. Avoid waffle makers with plates coated in Teflon or similar material. Ceramic coating is the best alternative to Teflon because it is safe to use even at very high temperatures. And this is why you should choose products with ceramic coating over those with Teflon coating.
Ease of Use
You should not compromise user-friendliness for non-toxicity. A good waffle maker will be easy to operate even if you are using a waffle maker for the first time. As long as you stick to the instructions in the user manual. If you get a waffle maker that is easy to use, you will not only be encouraged to use your product more often, and you will also enjoy trying out other recipes with your waffle maker.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Using your waffle maker with ease is refreshing. But to continue eating healthy and enjoy your waffle maker for a reasonable period, you should be able to clean your waffle maker regularly. It is best to clean your waffle maker after every use, even if you will only be doing a light clean-up and afterward a deep clean.
Waffle makers that are difficult to clean will only make cleaning processes tedious and frustrating. So you should look out for waffle makers that can be cleaned and maintained with ease.
Your waffle maker should be able to do what it is designed to do; make evenly cooked waffles without hassles. If you are buying a Belgian waffle maker, it should give you Belgian waffles, and if you are getting the regular waffle maker, it should also work efficiently.
Ceramic-coated waffle makers are not so much in the market, but you should also consider getting a waffle maker that offers you cooking versatility. And if you see one that meets your other requirements, you will definitely get the best experience from your product.
Go for waffle makers that are well worth their price. A good waffle maker should last for a reasonable period with consistent use, depending on its price. And if you are buying the best non-toxic waffle maker, this is a factor you must consider before making your choice. When you have a durable waffle maker, you will save yourself the stress of having to choose a replacement so soon after, and of course, the additional expenses that come with it too.
Frequently Asked Questions on the Non-toxic Waffle Maker.
Are there other benefits of the ceramic coated Waffle Maker?
Apart from the fact that ceramic coated waffle makers are a healthier alternative to waffle makers with Teflon coating, the ceramic coated waffle maker is also a more reliable alternative. And they are known to last longer than waffle makers with Teflon coating, which will lose their coating and get sticky with consistent use.
Dura ceramic coated Waffle Makers are also completely safe, reliable, and environmental-friendly because they are made from oxygen and silicon.
How do I clean my Waffle Maker?
Before making any attempt to clean your waffle maker, you should go through your user manual and read the manufacturer’s instructions closely. As a matter of fact, this should be the first thing to do when you get your waffle maker for the first time because it is recommended that you clean your product before first use.
Reading your instruction manual will guide you on the dos and don’ts of the product, especially when it comes to cleaning. Because cleaning your waffle maker, the wrong way can compromise its quality and lead to accelerating wear and tear.
It is best to clean your waffle maker after every use, only giving it some time to cool down before you clean. Leaving your waffle maker unclean, especially when there are batter stains on it, can make it difficult to clean when you are finally ready to do so.
You can effectively clean your waffle maker if you follow these easy steps:
- Unplug your waffle maker and allow it to cool down after use.
- Wipe out the batter crumbs with a damp cloth and remove any excess oil that might be present in the grip plates
- Wipe the exterior of your waffle maker with a damp cloth
- Soak any stubborn dried batter in a few drops of cooking oil to soften and wipe with a damp cloth or a paper towel. In the alternative, you can soak in a mixture of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide paste.
- If you are using removable plates that are dishwasher safe, you can wash them in the dishwasher. If your waffle plates are not dishwasher-safe, then you should wash them in warm soapy water.
- Make sure you rinse the washed parts thoroughly. And air-dry your appliance and other accessories before storing or using them again.
Note that you should not use strong abrasives to clean your waffle maker, especially the non-stick coating area, as this will lead to accelerated wear and tear of the product.
What can I do to maintain my Waffle Maker?
You can maintain your waffle maker and prolong its shelf life with the following tips:
- Avoid overfilling your waffle maker to minimize batter spills and leaks, which can run into corners that cannot be accessed during cleaning.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions on the dos and don’ts of your product choice. To avoid making mistakes that will compromise the quality of your waffle maker.
- Clean your waffle maker after every use, only giving it enough time to cool before cleaning.
- Avoid the use of strong abrasives that can damage your waffle plate during the cleaning process. Do not try to use them on the stubborn batter or grease stains.
- Allow your waffle maker to air dry properly before putting it away in the storage.
- It is best to monitor your waffle maker, especially during the first use to monitor cooking, handle complications and prevent accidents. Do not leave your waffle maker unattended while cooking until you have successfully mastered its performance.
- Do not use sharp objects like knives and forks on your non-stick surface, even if you are trying to get rid of stuck batter.
With waffle makers like the Presto 03510 Ceramic FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker and the Oster Titanium Infused Dura Ceramic Belgian Waffle Maker, Chrome, you do not have to worry about Teflon and its consequences. And the good thing about these ceramic products is; you do not have to compromise the quality of your waffles to enjoy using them.