Do you need the best grade coffee grinder to make your business easier?
If you are starting a restaurant or coffee business soon, you are right to look for the best commercial coffee grinder in the market. And if you have commenced your business and you need the best commercial coffee grinder to run that business efficiently, then you are in the right place too.
How will the best commercial coffee grinder help my business?
Perhaps you are still indecisive and wondering why you need to invest your money in a commercial coffee grinder?
Well, if you are a coffee shop owner or a restaurant owner with a desire to run a successful business, then having a coffee grinder is highly recommended.
Only a few, if any, would go about their daily activities without requiring at least one cup of coffee, and this makes coffee one the most widely sought substances in the world. This means a thriving business for coffee shops and restaurants, but it also means very high competition that requires you to sell the best coffee or nothing.
Grinding your coffee beans is not a process that should be toyed with because the grinding process will determine how well the liquid extraction goes. The quality of your coffee, on the other hand, also depends on the extraction process. Also, making a variety of coffee drinks largely depends on the texture of your grounded beans. And this is why you need to have the best tools to stand out in the coffee making industry.
Having the best commercial coffee grinder will offer you these benefits:
Easy production of coffee variants
The best commercial coffee grinders come with varying controls that will let you make different variants of coffee. You will be able to serve your customers’ espressos, lattes, cappuccinos, Americanos, and so on.
Getting the best commercial coffee grinder will not only save your physical energy. You are also able to grind your coffee with electric power within a short period.
Faster grinding in large volumes
There is no doubt that one of the reasons for getting a home use coffee grinder for commercial use will not suffice is because you have to handle large volumes of coffee beans on a commercial scale. Commercial grinders ensure you have the power you need to process large volumes within a shorter period and get your desired results.
Finely grounded coffee beans
If you have your own coffee grinder, you can take charge of the grinding process to ensure you get finely grounded coffee beans in whatever textures you desire to suit your customers ‘needs. This will help your extraction process, improve coffee production, and help you satisfy your customers.
Quick access to fresh coffee
No one needs to be told that fresh coffee tastes better than stale ones. It is possible to get pre- grounded coffee so you don’t have to do the grinding before use but, pre-grounded coffee won’t taste as good as freshly ground coffee. Grinding your coffee immediately before use helps you preserve the freshness and flavor, and this will, in turn, make a coffee a preferred choice by many.
A constant supply of grounded coffee
Having your own commercial coffee grinder will not only give you quick access to fresh coffee, but it also ensures you never run out of ground coffee. This is because you get to keep grinding your coffee beans as you need to meet the demands of your customers.
Minimization of coffee waste
When you have your own coffee grinder, you can grind as you need. This will help you guard against coffee wastage since you won’t have to keep excess ground coffee that might end up getting stale. You should also measure or does your coffee beans according to your needs to prevent grinding excess.
Types of Coffee Grinders
Blade grinders are basically manual grinders and are best suited for home use because grinding coffee manually in large amounts is slow and tedious. Blade grinders are also less durable and known to produce more heat.
This should be your concern if you are getting a commercial coffee grinder for your business. Aside from making your work easier and faster, Burr grinders produce grounded coffee with inconsistent sizes and textures. But you should know that these grinders come in two types;
Flat burr grinders
These types of grinders are known to be more consistent in particle sizes. They produce finely ground coffee but come at high prices and can be difficult to cleanout.
Conical burr grinders
These ones are believed to create a bimodal distribution that helps to regulate water flow. They produce ground coffee in big and small sizes and are cheaper than the flat burr grinders.
The dosing grinders are the ones popularly used for espresso. They come with coffee containers and a portafilter. They make it easy to measure the required coffee because too much or too little can ruin the brewing.
Just like its name, these coffee grinders do not measure coffee ground and this can usually lead to an overdose of coffee beans.
High-speed grinders have high Revolutions per Minute (RPM). The RPM basically relates to the number of times the coffee grinder burrs rotate in a minute. High- speed coffee grinders will usually come with beefy motors and flat burr grinders, although this is not necessarily what makes them super-fast. High RPM means that you get more even sizes and consistent finely ground coffee from your coffee grinder. And the speed involved also ensures your ground coffee does not suffer from grind friction that can cause a change in taste.
Unlike high-speed grinders, low-speed grinders have low Revolutions per Minute. They can either be flat burr slow grinders or conical burr grinders. They do not give consistent fine grounded coffee beans like the high-speed grinders and will usually cost less.
It is necessary to have knowledge of the types of grinders so that you can have a clearer perspective of what is best suited for your commercial needs.
Comparison Table for Best Commercial Coffee Grinder
Last update on 2021-08-05 at 04:45 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Overall Best Commercial Coffee Grinder
This flat steel burr grinder is no doubt the best out there for commercial purposes. It is a popular choice for baristas because it is not just a classy fit for your shop; it is also highly customizable for any coffee variants you want to make. The Baratza Forte BG will also not take much of your space, and its stainless steel design gives your coffee shop a statement look. The machine comes with a one year warranty from the manufacturer, but you can look forward to using this monster for more than a decade with proper usage and maintenance.
- Product Dimensions: 5.12 x 7.09 x 14.17 inches
- Grinding speed: 1.2g -2.4g per second
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 300-400g
- Grounds bin capacity: 170g
- Touch activation screen with led backlit technology.
- Comes with 250 Grind settings to fit all-purpose.
- It is engineered for precise, high capacity grinding of up to 5 lbs. daily.
- A shut-off hopper that can easily be removed to switch beans without making a mess.
- Has a built-in digital scale and timer for weighing and programming your coffee. This provides up to 3 presets for repeatable, one-touch grinding.
- Comes with 54mm professional steel flat burrs.
- Has a powerful DC motor.
What to expect in your Baratza Forte BG Coffee Package
- 1 Baratza Forte BG coffee grinder
- 1 User manual
How to Use the Baratza Forte BG Coffee Grinder
The product comes with a user manual that provides the information you need to know on parts identification, preparation for use, usage, safety measures, warranty, cleaning, and maintenance.
But basically, your coffee grinding process will only require the following simple steps:
- Assembling your coffee grinder to make sure every part is secure in its place
- Load your beans into your bean hopper, avoid overfilling it
- Cover it well to prevent flying grounds
- Set your grinding settings and grind quantity
- Run your coffee grinder
Best Budget Commercial Coffee Grinder
This stainless steel conical burr coffee grinder is very suitable for you if you are on a small budget. It protects essential oils in coffee beans by using minimal heat and allows you to grind directly into a portafilter or airtight container, depending on your preference.
- Product dimensions: 8.5 x 6 x 15.5 inches
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 510g
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 194g
- 60 Grind setting options for making different coffee variants
- Has an LCD Display that shows the grind settings, your selected grind size, and the number of cups you are brewing.
- Has a dosing IQ for precise control of coffee measurement.
- Turns off automatically when idle for up to 5 minutes
What to expect in your Breville BCG820BSS Smart Coffee Grinder Package
- 1 Coffee Grinder
- 1 50-54mm Portafilter Cradle
- 1 58mm Portafilter Cradle
- 1 Grinds Container with Lid and Sealing Cap
- 1 Conical Burr Cleaning Brush
- 1 User Manual
How to Use the Breville BCG820BSS Smart Coffee Grinder
- You can get started with your coffee grinder in the following steps:
- Fix in the required size of the portafilter.
- Set the amount of ground coffee you want via the shot/cups button
- Set your grind size
But you should know that the product comes with a detailed user manual to guide you on the general use and care of this machine. And these easy steps described are further broken down to make the process easy for you.
Best Runner up Commercial Coffee Grinder
The La Pavoni coffee grinder is an easy best runner-up as far as commercial coffee grinders go. It is designed to deliver excellent results and last for many years.
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 8 x 21 inches
- Hopper Capacity: 998g
- Has a seal-slide technology that prevents beans spillage
- Lamp warning feature stop safeguard the appliance when underpowered
- Semi-automatic dosing grinder
- Stops automatically when the bean hopper is full
What to expect in your La Pavoni Coffee Grinder Package
- 1 La Pavoni Coffee Grinder
- 1 User manual
How to Use the La Pavoni Coffee Grinder
You can get all the information you need on how to use, clean, and maintain your product in the user manual. You will learn to connect your grinder, commence, and run the grinding process for coffee variants, and also to do the coffee dosing, among other things. But below is a summary of the steps to operate your grinder:
- Load your coffee bean and start your machine
- Select your desired settings for grind quality and amount
- The grinding will automatically stop when you have reached your selected grind quantity
- The grinding process is reset after 6 doses
- You can stop grinding manually before the end of the grinding process by pressing the “off” button.
Alternative Best Commercial Coffee Grinder 1
The Rancilio HSD-ROC-SS Rocky Espresso Coffee Grinder is an easy pick for the alternative best commercial coffee grinder. This powerful 66-watt drive motor operates very quietly and can grind up to 7.7 lbs. in one hour. One good thing about this product is that they are pretested to make sure they are in perfect condition before shipping. So if you get your coffee grinder and you find some coffee residues in it, do not think you have been given an already used model. This product comes with simple controls, and you can complete your grinding process within a short time.
- Product Dimensions: 9.8 x 4.7 x 13.8 inches
- Hopper Capacity:295g
- 50mm commercial grade grinding burrs, commonly found in beginner commercial coffee grinders.
- Comes with a dosing chamber for professional dosing of espresso.
- Variable grinder adjustment control.
What to expect in your Rancilio HSD-ROC-SS Rocky Espresso Coffee Grinder Package
- 1 Coffee Grinder
- 1 plastic fork to hold portafilter in place
- 1 User Manual
How to Use the Rancilio HSD-ROC-SS Rocky Espresso Coffee Grinder
The Rancilio HSD-ROC-SS Rocky Espresso comes with a user manual that will guide you on installation processes, operating your coffee grinding, cleaning, and maintenance among others. Instructions are easy to follow, and you can get started on grinding your coffee in no time. However, the grinding process can be completed in the following steps:
- Ensure your appliance is off and your bean container is empty before pressing the adjustment button and turning the bean container until grinders touch.
- Ensure the container is perfectly blocked
- Start your appliance motor
- Turn off your machine if the grinders are scraping against each other and adjust your container.
- Turn off your machine, open the tank, and pour your beans to grind.
- You can stop and check your coffee until it meets your ground requirements.
Alternative Best Commercial Coffee Grinder 2
Avoid overheating and preserve the taste and form of your coffee with this efficient burr coffee grinder. The Krups professional electric coffee grinder will perfectly grind every type of coffee you need to make. However, it is necessary to note that this machine will only work with 120v according to the standards of the US.
- Product Dimensions: 4.29 x 7.24 x 10.4 inches
- Hopper Capacity: 8 oz
- 9 Grind Levels summing up to 45 settings
- Removable top burr for easy cleaning
What to expect in your Krups 8000035978 GX5000 Coffee Grinder Package
- 1 Krups 8000035978 GX5000 Coffee Grinder
- 1 User manual
- 1 Brush
- 1 bean container
How to Use the Krups 8000035978 GX5000 Coffee Grinder
You can easily install and use your Krups 8000035978 GX5000 by following the steps in the user manual. This will guide you through set up, cleaning, preparation for use, operation, and maintenance to help your product last longer. But you can operate your coffee grinder in these easy steps:
- Ensure your coffee grinder is not yet plugged and checked that it has been well assembled.
- Open your bean hopper and fill with coffee beans you want but make sure you do not exceed the maximum level indicated.
- Close the bean hopper lid
- Customize your settings; grind quantity and fineness level.
- Plugin your coffee grinder
- Press the ON/OFF switch to start the operation
- The grinder automatically stops after grinding the selected quantity.
- You can turn off manually if you want to stop before the process is completed.
There are items you may want to consider buying along with your commercial coffee grinder to get the best user experience. Such items include the following:
Getting a coffee roaster will depend on whether you want to make your coffee from the coffee beans roasting process or you would prefer to buy pre-roasted coffee beans. One necessary factor you would have to consider is whether the extra labor is worth it and will cut your expenses in the long run. If you would like to have your own coffee roaster, then you should check out these product options:
- Coffee Roaster Machine, 750g Electric Non-Stick Coffee Bean Roasting Machine
- KALDI Mini Size (200~250g) Home Coffee Roaster Including Thermometer
Brewing your coffee is obviously the last step in coffee making. It is only natural for you to have a coffee maker to use with your coffee grinder, except you are strictly into selling ground coffee alone. Commercial coffee makers you can buy together with your coffee grinder are:
Getting a coffee scale helps to improve your brewing consistency. It is possible to find a commercial coffee grinder with an in-built scale in it, but if you are unable to, then you should make sure you get one. Digital scales are the most recommended types you can get. If you would like to order a coffee scale with your coffee grinder, then you should check these recommendations:
- RCYAGO Coffee Scale with Timer Digital Multifunction Weighing Scale
- Hario V60 Drip Coffee Scale and Timer
You will need your cleaning kit at some point in time to keep your coffee grinder clean and long-lasting. The cleaning kit for a coffee grinder includes:
Cleaning cloth: The cleaning cloth for a coffee grinder is usually a blend of polyamide and polyester. You can get a coffee cloth with a belt clip, which is uniquely designed to clean coffee waste from parts of the coffee grinder.
Cleaning brush: Cleaning brushes are also necessary for proper cleaning of some parts of your coffee grinder. Some coffee grinders will come with a cleaning brush in their package, but if you do not have one, then you should buy one with your coffee grinder. Popular brush options on amazon include:
Coffee variants like latte and cappuccino require that you use a milk frother. Some cappuccino machines have in-built milk frothers, while others do not. Popular milk frothers you can buy include:
Buyer’s Guide: Tips for Getting the Best Commercial Coffee Grinder
Getting the best commercial coffee grinder can be tedious because you have to carry out a lot of research. It is not sufficient to go on the internet in search of the most popular commercial coffee grinders. Reviews are also not always honest, and many times, what is great for someone else may not be suitable for you because your needs are different. Hence, it is necessary to identify your needs and expectations of a commercial coffee grinder before making your choice.
There are factors you cannot afford to overlook if you really want to get the best out of your commercial coffee grinder. These factors include:
It is always important to consider how much you are willing to spend on your commercial coffee grinder before you start making choices. Having a clear cut budget automatically helps you determine what prices to limit yourself to in your searches. This way, you can focus on getting the best available coffee grinder that fits into your budget. Getting a top-quality coffee grinder, especially for commercial use, does not come cheap, but even if you are on a slim budget, you should aim to get the best machine in the market within your budget limit.
If you are working on a commercial scale, the last thing you need is to have your coffee grinder break down consistently in between grinding processes. Make sure you don’t miss out on durability when making your choice to ensure you don’t have to keep spending money on repairs or replacements.
The purpose for which you want to use your commercial grinder, that is, the variants of coffee you plan to make will determine the kind of coffee grinder you will need to buy. If you need more finely ground coffee, you should get the flat burr grinder. And you should check the grind settings of your coffee grinder if you plan to use it for different coffee variants as possible.
Your commercial coffee grinder should be able to make larger batches of coffee beans. The capacity of any coffee grinder you get should also be determined by the average number of customers you have to attend to at once. You may also want to consider the possibility of an expansion, which will mean having more customers.
Size and Consistency
For many commercial coffee grinders, you can set the size for your ground coffee beans before you start the process. This helps you to maintain a consistent texture to fit your customers’ demands. But you should ensure your grinder comes with a functional regulator.
Usage and Cleaning
You know customers won’t wait forever to get their coffee. So you do not want a coffee grinder whose operation is time-consuming or a machine that takes too long to get cleaned out when the need arises. This will not only discourage your customers, but it will also make the process tedious and frustrating for you or your staff.
Another factor that can affect the quality and taste of your coffee is heat. Avoid coffee grinders that produce a lot of heat during the grinding process. It is advisable to get a coffee grinder with a regulation to control speed as speed is what determines how much heat your grinder produces while grinding.
Frequently Asked Questions about Commercial Coffee Grinders
How do I clean my coffee grinder?
You should get the necessary tools for cleaning to make your cleaning process easy. You can make the process easier by pouring some rice into the grinder and grinding it up, after which you can remove the ground rice and clean the grinder with your brush and cloth.
What determines the quality of my coffee?
The quality of coffee you make is determined by the efficiency of your coffee grinder, the quality of your beans, how clean your coffee grinder is, and the water that you use.
What are the types of coffee beans?
The two most common types of coffee beans are coffee Arabica and Coffee Robusta. Coffee Arabica, also known as gourmet beans, contains less caffeine and is not as widely produced as coffee Robusta.
How do I make a good coffee?
It is the taste of your coffee that ultimately determines whether it is good or not. Fresh coffee beans will give you a better taste and quality. And this is the main reason you should consider getting a coffee grinder if you’re producing coffee on a commercial scale. If you want to make good coffee, you should consider adhering to the following:
- Avoid buying coffee beans in large amounts.
- Store your coffee beans in a cool and dry place. If you can, you should try to do a vacuum seal.
- Make use of freshly roasted coffee. Check the “roasted on” date and not the “best-before” date, or in the alternative, get a roaster to roast your own coffee beans.
- Make sure you use up roasted coffee within a period of 5 to 20 days after the day it is roasted.
- You should grind your coffee immediately before brewing because once the coffee is ground, it starts to diminish in flavor and freshness.
- DO not store your beans in the hopper of your coffee grinder. Use airtight containers.
- Run your grinder for some seconds to release old coffee grounds before using again.
- Clean your bean hopper and burrs regularly.
What does it mean to descale my coffee grinder?
Descaling your coffee grinder is a process of removing limescale. This is a hard, chalky deposit in your coffee grinder that is usually caused by the use of other types of water apart from purified water. This means that if you use filtered, mineral, tap, and bottled water, you will need to descale your coffee grinder regularly.
It is important to note that where limescale is not removed from parts of the coffee grinder, it can ruin those parts and eventually cause your coffee grinder to break down. You can descale your coffee grinder using citric acid. All you have to do is mix with water in the ration 2:4 and fill your reservoir with it, after which you should rinse your reservoir further with just water.
What is a portafilter?
- A handle, which is held by the operator to hold and secure the group head.
- A basket, which is the actual part that locks in the coffee grounds
- A spout- this can be absent or present in ones and twos. It helps the espresso flow out of the portafilter more evenly.
- A spring clip- This is the long clip object that keeps the basket inside the portafilter.
- And for some, a gauge. The gauge is a popular feature of the commercial coffee grinder portafilter. This is because it enables you to check and regulate the output pressure of your pump.
The portafilter serves to lock in coffee grounds to prevent spillage before and during the grinding process. They are of various types, but all types serve the same locking-in purpose in the coffee grinder.
You should know by now how much you can benefit from having the best commercial coffee grinder for your coffee business. And also about the best recommendations, you can try out if you have been thinking of buying one for yourself. Endeavor to buy your own coffee beans and grind them yourself instead of getting pre-grounded beans and minimize your workload by purchasing any one of these recommendations above. If you can afford it, you really should go for the overall best commercial coffee grinder that has been suggested. You will have a great user experience.
Best Selling Commercial Coffee Grinders
Last update on 2021-08-05 at 03:56 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-08-05 at 03:56 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Why get a coffee grinder? Roasty Coffee.
- Factors to consider when buying a coffee grinder Compact Appliance (CA).
- Conical Burr Grinders Roasty Coffee.
- Coffee making tools and accessories: Baristas must-haves Coffee Kiwi
- What is Portafilter? What is a portafilter? Here’s everything you need to know.