It is normal to have coffee cravings if you drive a truck often because coffee helps combat the fatigue from sitting behind the wheels for hours. So if you are looking for the Best Coffee Makers for Truck Drivers, you have come to the right place for recommendations.
It is quite normal for anyone to go for the overall best option; the Keurig K-Mini plus coffee maker.
But users on a small budget will find the AdirChef Grab N’ Go Personal Coffee Maker; also a 12-volt coffee maker, a perfect alternative.
And if you spend a lot of time in your truck and would love to have your own coffee maker, you will find any of these recommendations suitable for you;
Side By Side Product Comparison Table
Last update on 2021-08-05 at 04:20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Overall Best Coffee maker – Keurig K-Mini Plus Coffee Maker
This coffee maker comes in beautiful colors of red, black, teal, gray, and white, which gives you the chance to pick the most suitable color for your truck. It also comes with a storage unit for 9 k-cup pods, a brilliant idea to help you save up on some pod storage space.
You can get your hot coffee within minutes and in any cup sizes of your choice as it accommodates travel mugs up to 7” tall. The product is also compatible with the reusable coffee filter that allows you to brew your own ground coffee with ease.
The Keurig K-Mini Plus is a classy but compact product that offers the following features:
- A removable drip tray to catch coffee spills while brewing
- Removable water reservoir for easy refilling and cleaning
- Cord storage for easy transport and storage
- Automatic shut-off feature to conserve power and prevent electrical hazards.
Best Budget coffee maker – AdirChef Grab N’ Go Personal Coffee Maker
If you are looking for a good alternative for a lesser price, the modern, sleek AdirChef Grab n Go is the perfect choice for you. This product doesn’t just come cheap; it also comes with an insulated travel-size mug to go with it. The AdirChef is one of the best 12 volt coffee makers for truck drivers.
Like the Keurig, the AdirChef is offered for sale in blue, black, red, green, orange, and ruby red colors. It comes compact, lightweight, and durable enough to withstand the ills of numerous truck drives. And it functions on a low wattage so, you may not need to have an inverter in your truck to get it to work. The product also works with coffee grounds, which means you do not have to invest in expensive k-cups pods.
Other features of the AdirChef are:
- Automatic shut-off feature to conserve energy after brewing.
- Permanent filter, so you do not have to buy paper filters.
- Travel mug comes with a grip band tapered to fir most vehicle cup holders.
Best versatile coffee maker – NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Coffee Machine
If you’re up for some luxury living, you should consider getting the NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Coffee Machine. This product offers the option of up to 15 coffee varieties, including latte, cappuccino, espresso, and macchiato. You can enjoy your coffee hot or cold, and you would probably need an inverter in your truck to run this product. But you will enjoy your favorite coffee variants with ease, even while you are on the road.
The NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Coffee Machine is automatic. And it comes with the following additional features:
- Auto shut-off feature to conserve energy after brewing.
- Removable water reservoir for easy refilling and cleaning
- Easy to use joystick toggle interface
Best Manual Coffee maker – Wacaco Minipresso NS, Portable Espresso Machine
There is no reason not to try out the Wacaco Minipresso NS portable espresso machine if you already have a way to boil water in your truck. This product is very compact, handy and is also perfect when you are out camping.
Depending on your preference, you may choose to buy the capsule variant or the one for ground coffee. And you can enjoy well-made coffee on the go, with no hassles.
The Wacaco Minipresso NS, Portable Espresso Machine comes with the following features:
- Lock and unlock piston feature to control pumping activities
- 45ml water tank capacity
Best Pour over coffee maker – Bodum Pour Over Coffee Maker
Pour-over coffee makers are just as easy to use as the manual counterparts, if not even more. They follow a simple process of just pouring your coffee grounds in the filter and adding your boiled water slowly to drip into your coffee pot. So just like the Wacacao Minipresso, if you have the means to boil water in your truck, the Bodum pour-over is a good option to use in your truck.
The product comes with a durable, heat-resistant glass coffee pot, but this is not to say it should not be carefully handled. And it is only suitable to be used with coffee grounds.
Features of the Bodum Pour Over coffee maker are:
- Permanent stainless steel mesh filter so you don’t have to invest in paper filters.
- Coffee scooper to scoop your coffee grounds into the mesh filter
- Double-wall feature to keep your coffee hot for longer
- Cork or silicone band for easy handling and pouring your coffee
Best Self-cleaning coffee maker – Sboly Single Serve Coffee Maker
No products found.
With a self-cleaning product like this, you won’t have to worry about getting your product cleaned out on the go. The Sboly single-serve is a compact product that can fit in small spaces and is suitable for k-cup pods and ground coffee.
This particular product variant comes with a thermal coffee mug to keep your coffee hot or cold for longer, depending on your choice of temperature, and offers the following features;
- A basket filter lid to keep your coffee grounds in place when brewing
- Automatic shut-off function to preserve energy
- Automatic cleaning button for easy cleaning after use
- Filter cup has enough room to brew your coffee as strong as you want
Best rechargeable coffee maker – MAKITA Rechargeable Coffee Maker CM501DZ
Makita rechargeable is an excellent option if you prefer a battery-operated coffee maker that you can charge up before you leave your home. It is also very suitable if you happen to spend time working in areas without a power source electric coffee makers require.
The product is compatible with Makita 12V Max CXT and 18V LXT batteries, and the quantity of coffee you can brew will depend on the battery power you are using. You can use single-serve packs or ground coffee for your brewing, depending on your personal preference.
Makita rechargeable also comes with the following features;
- Permanent drip filter so you do not need to invest in paper filters.
- Boil dry protection that automatically shuts off your appliance when the water in it is insufficient
- Makita coffee cup you can use to drink your coffee
- Measuring spoon to measure your coffee grounds
- Removable water reservoir for easy refill and cleaning
Recommended accessories for best coffee makers for truck drivers
It is best to get all the accessories you will need to enjoy your coffee maker in your truck to avoid getting stuck on the highway trying to find what you need to brew your coffee.
If you are using the rechargeable Makita, you will need to order the battery and charger alongside. And if you are using a product that works with unique pods, like the NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Coffee Machine. It is best to have your pods on grounds as they may not be readily available anywhere close to your location.
Depending on your choice of product and personal preference, you may need to get the following accessories to make great tasting coffee;
Reusable K-cup pod
If your product requires getting your own pod for ground coffee like the Keurig mini plus, you should consider getting one even if you prefer the ready pods to ground coffee. Ground coffee is generally cheaper and more cost-saving than k-cups in the long run. And if you ever run out of pods, you can resort to brewing your ground coffee until you get new ones. The reusable k-cups are readily available on Amazon, and you can choose any of the options below;
- Reusable K Cups for Keurig 2.0 & 1.0 4 PACK Coffee Makers
- Brew Addicts Reusable K-Cups for Keurig 1.0 Brewers
This may not be necessary where your product comes with a permanent filter you can use. Permanent filters are also more eco-friendly than disposable paper filters. But it is not unusual to find coffee grounds in your coffee with some product filters, especially when brewing with finely ground coffee. And if this is a problem for you, then you should definitely get those paper filters from the amazon site;
A 12V heating kettle will come in handy if you are using a manual coffee maker that requires access to hot water. These low voltage kettles are suitable for vehicle use even when you do not have an inverter, and you can have one ordered from Amazon alongside your manual coffee maker. If you’re not sure how to get started, you should try any of these options;
Buying guide for choosing the best coffee maker for truck drivers
I have used certain factors as a guide to compile this list on the best coffee makers tha can be used in a truck. And if you are looking for a buying guide to help you make a buying decision, you should also consider these factors.
Power is a necessary factor to consider since you are more likely to have power restrictions driving in your truck. Coffee makers designed for truck use are usually 12V/24V socket compatible, and you should only go for a high wattage product if you have enough power to operate it. If you cannot afford to get an inverter, you may want to buy a low-wattage coffee maker like the AdirChef, or get a 12V/24V boiling kettle and opt for a manual coffee maker instead.
If you are spending a lot of time outdoors, you should also consider the places you might be in for a longer time. Depending on your access to a power source and the power capacity of your truck, you can determine whether a manual or a rechargeable coffee maker would be best for you.
Budget inevitably determines the kind of product you will choose in the end. If you want a coffee maker with more versatility, you should be willing to increase your budget to satisfy your needs accordingly. But having a small buying budget would only mean aiming to get the best product available within the range of your budget plan.
Cleaning and maintenance
It is necessary to consider how easy it will be to clean and maintain your product choice on the road. The easier it is to get your product cleaned out after use, the more likely you will use it and enjoy your favorite coffee flavors on the go. Using a well-cleaned coffee maker also helps to ensure you get the great-tasting coffee you crave all the time.
Compact coffee makers are the most suitable for truck use since you are not likely to have a lot of space to accommodate bigger ones. Compact and lightweight coffee makers are also easy to handle and move around and will save you a great deal of stress from cleaning to usage.
The size of your product is determined by the rate of your coffee consumption. It is also determined by how often you like your coffee and whether you plan to share with one or two friends or loved ones. You can settle for the manual coffee maker if you are a solo, non-regular coffee drinker, if not, you should consider something with a larger capacity for two or three in your company.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best method to make coffee in my truck?
Truck compatible coffee makers offer 3 different ways to make your coffee in your truck;
Using a 12 volt coffee maker
You can either use a 12 volt/24 volt appliance or a higher-powered one if you have the power capacity. Products of this voltage are compatible with cars and trucks without the need for addition al power source.
Using a manual or pour-over coffee maker
Pour over coffeemakers will require you to have a source of hot water supply if you are to use them.
Using a rechargeable coffee maker
If you are using this kind of product, you will have the option to charge it at home or even in your truck while you drive. And you will find the appliance useful in areas where there is no power source.
These options have been duly considered in selecting the best coffee makers you can get as a truck driver, and outside these options, there are no other known ways to make coffee in your truck.
You are the only one that can determine what method would work best for you, but in making these decisions, certain factors can serve as a guide to point you in the right direction. These factors include the make of your truck, power capacity, storage capacity, product requirements, usage, and convenience.
What tips can I use to keep my coffee hot for a longer time?
Keeping your coffee hot for a long time can be a source of concern for you; if you are using a manual or pour-over coffee maker. But even if you are using an electric coffee maker, you can increase your chances of finishing your coffee hot with the following tips;
- If you are using a manual or pour-over coffee maker, rewarm your brewer before use. This is because pouring hot water into a container at room temperature can cause the hot water to drop in temperature.
- Pre-warm your coffee mug as well to reduce temperature drop when transferring the coffee to your mug
- Boil your water thoroughly; you can get great tasting coffee under 5 minutes, even with a pour-over coffee maker, do not compromise on boiling time to get a quick fix unless you are okay with coffee at a lukewarm temperature.
- Keep your spout close to the coffee grinds and to your cup when transferring brewed coffee. Thin hot water can fall in temperature before hitting the container you are pouring the water into, so the closer your kettle spout is to the ground coffee and your coffee carafe to your drinking mug, the lesser the temperature fall.
- Use the right size of coffee grounds for the coffee variety of your choice to reduce brewing time and keep the water temperature as much as possible.
- Use a thermal/properly insulated drinking mug to maintain the temperature of your coffee during consumption.
How to clean and maintain my coffee maker properly?
Ease of cleaning and maintenance is one of the relevant factors you should consider when making a purchase. The easier it is to get your coffee cleaned, the more thorough the cleaning process is without overwhelming you. And if you are a truck driver who is always behind the wheel, chances are you will not have all the time in the world to spend on making sure your coffee maker is properly clean.
Apart from buying a coffee maker that is quick and easy to clean, you can keep your coffee maker very clean with the following tips;
- Follow your user manual instructions on cleaning your coffee maker.
- Rinse out your product after every use. If you are using an electric coffee maker, you can brew water alone to get it cleaned out.
- Use filtered water to minimize hard water deposits.
- Descale your coffee maker at regular intervals with a descaling solution of vinegar and water, depending on cleaning instructions and your personal preference.
- Wipe down coffee stains on your coffee maker with a soft cloth before they dry up
- Ensure your filter is thoroughly rinsed, especially if you have a reusable filter.
- You can get a soft brush to remove coffee grounds from corners that are not very accessible.
- Allow your product to air dry properly before storing it away.
- Avoid using your coffee maker for functions other than those spelled out in your manual by your product manufacturer. As this can compromise the quality of your product.
- Read up on your product parts and how to operate them so you will not mishandle and spoil any part.
- Store your product carefully when not in use
There are several coffee maker products to help you enjoy your favorite cup of coffee in your truck. But Keurig continues to take the lead with their Keurig K-Mini Plus Coffee Maker, which you will find handy and efficient, whether with k-cups or coffee grounds. Small budget users can comfortably settle for the AdirChef Grab N’ Go Personal coffee maker. A product that is not just cheap, but also makes you good coffee on low power.
But whether you prefer a pour-over coffee maker or a rechargeable product to meet your coffee needs, there is always the best product you can choose from any category of your choice.