Are you an Indian, or do you just enjoy eating Indian meals?
If you want to buy the best air fryer for Indian cooking, you need to get a versatile air fryer.
Indian foods can be delightful to make and eat when you have the perfect air fryer. And you can get excellent choices like the COSORI Air Fryer (Recipes Included), Large Hot Electric Oven Oilless Cooker, or if you want something cheaper, the Dash Tasti-Crisp Electric Air Fryer + Oven Cooker.
But air fryers have taken over the kitchen appliance industry, and there are so many products out there that it is easy to get confused when making a buying decision. And this is why I have created a list of carefully selected, versatile air fryers that you can use for your Indian food recipes without hassles.
Quick Side-by-Side Comparison Table
Last update on 2021-08-05 at 11:15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Overall – COSORI Air Fryer
This COSORI Air Fryer is a preferred choice for best overall because it is available in digital and knob control to suit your preferences. The product uses rapid air circulation to give you crispy fried foods with very little or no oil, and it comes with 8 preset cooking options that allow you to prepare your fries, frozen meals, carrots, shrimps, meat, fish, cake, and chicken.
COSORI air fryer is very versatile, and this makes it suitable for lovers of Indian recipes. It comes in a large capacity so that you can make food for 3-5 persons and provides the best cooking experience with the following features:
- A non-slip dial for steady temperature and time setting
- Adjustable temperature control ranging from 180-400F for easy temperature regulation to suit your cooking needs
- Customizable timer with automatic shut off for safety and protection
- Detachable non-stick frying basket that is also dishwasher safe for easy cleaning after use
- Recipe guide with 30 free recipes to provide you with alternatives you can cook with your air fryer
Best Budget – Dash Tasti-Crisp Electric Air Fryer + Oven Cooker
The Dash Tasti-Crisp Electric Air Fryer + Oven Cooker is not only one of the cheapest products you can find, but it is also one of the best functional air fryers available in the market. The air fryer comes in different colors in Teal, Grey, Black, Red, and White options you can choose from to give your kitchen an attractive look. And it uses an air crisp technology to achieve 70% of oil-free frying that will leave you consuming fewer calories and eating healthy.
The product comes with the following features for users benefit and comfort:
- 30 minutes timer with automatic shut-off feature to safeguard against overcooking and burning of meals
- Automatic shut- off feature that turns off the device once the frying basket is removed for safety and security
- Unique frying basket that maximizes space to ensure your foods are evenly fried
- Cool-touch housing and handle for easy and safe handling even for kids
- adjustable temperature control for easy temperature regulation to suit your cooking requirements
Best Value – Ninja Air Fryer
The Ninja Air Fryer is a high-quality air fryer that offers a dehydrating option so that you do not need to buy a dehydrator machine to dehydrate food. It is very affordable, versatile, and produces food 75% oil-free for healthy eating.
The air fryer comes with 4 programmable cooking functions with which you can air fry, roast, dehydrate and reheat your leftovers without hassles. It also comes with a multi-layer rack and a crisper plate, together with the regular frying basket to provide you with more cooking functionality.
You can buy the Ninja air fryer if you have a small family. It is also a great choice if you live alone or with your spouse or a roommate in a shared apartment. It is also suitable for RV use and comes with the following features:
- A detachable non-stick basket, crisper plate, and multi-layer rack that is also dishwasher safe to allow easy washing after use
- A temperature control ranging from 105-400F for easy temperature regulation to suit your recipes
- Control timer that allows you to set your cooking times to prevent overcooking or burning of food
Best Multipurpose – GoWISE USA 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer
The GoWISE USA GW22921-S 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer is not classified as the best multipurpose air fryer for no good reason. This air fryer can bake roast, grill, and air fry easily with very little or no oil. It comes with a start/stop button so that you can change your settings in the middle of your food preparation if you so desire. And it offers 8 preset cooking options for cooking fries, pork, chicken, steak, shrimp, cake, fish, and pizza.
The product versatility is also reflected in the basket divider accessory that comes with it, and this enables you to cook different meals in the air fryer at once. Other features you will find in the GoWISE USA GW22921-S 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer include:
- A built-in alarm system that reminds you to shake foods during preparation to achieve evenly fried meals
- 30 minutes timer control for easy regulation of cooking times to suit your needs
- Adjustable temperature control ranging from 180-400F for regulating cooking temperature accordingly
- Non-stick frying basket and tray that is also dishwasher safe for easy cleaning after use
- Recipe guide with 50 recipes for cooking alternatives you can achieve with your air fryer
Largest Capacity – 10-in-1 Air Fryer Oven
This air fryer is a suitable choice for you if you are looking for a large-capacity air fryer that meets your Indian cooking needs. You will not only be able to make plenty of food for a crowd with this, but you will also be able to air fry, rotisserie, grill, toast, roast, bake, and dehydrate with this versatile machine.
The product comes with 10 preset options for easy food preparation and 13 different air fryer accessories, so you can try out other recipes without buying accessories.
The10-in-1 Air Fryer Oven, 20 Quart Air fryer Toaster Oven Combo uses hot air to cook food evenly while locking in moisture and also comes with the following features:
- Suction cup feet for stability during food preparation.
- Temperature regulator ranging from 180-400F for easy temperature control
- Timer control to set your cooking times as required by various recipes
- Wide range of cooking accessories for easy preparation of various food recipes
Indian Foods air fryer recipes
It’s a good thing if you already have Indian food recipes to cook with your air fryer, but even at that, having an Indian recipe cookbook gives you more cooking options to work with when you get your air fryer.
You may not find a recipe specifically made for cooking Indian foods with the air fryer, but this is not a problem because the average air fryer can grill, bake, roast, and fry, which means you can carry out these cooking processes where required in your recipe. In the alternative, you may look up Indian air fryer recipes you can try on the internet. But if you would like to buy an Indian recipe cookbook, you should consider the following options:
- Indian Instant Pot® Cookbook: Traditional Indian Dishes Made Easy and Fast
- Vegetarian Indian Cooking with Your Instant Pot: 75 Traditional Recipes That Are Easier, Quicker and Healthier
Air fryer cooking accessories
Air fryer accessories provide you with the equipment you need to make various recipes with your air fryer. They come in different sizes to fit into the various quart capacities in which air fryers are sold. So, you should check the size of any accessories to make sure they are compatible with your air fryer before making a purchase.
Air fryer accessories you will need to maximize food making with your air fryer include but are not limited to the following:
- Baking tray
- Grilling racks
- Rotisserie rack
- Parchment liners
You can get these accessories together as a pack, or if you prefer to, you could buy them separately. They are readily available on Amazon, and you could consider these options to order alongside your air fryer:
- COSORI Accessories XL (C158-6AC) Set of 6 Fit all 5.8Qt, 6Qt Air Fryer
- 8 Inch Air Fryer Accessories Set, Fit All 4.2qt-5.8qt Fryers
Choosing the best air fryer for Indian foods will not be a cumbersome process as long as you consider the following factors:
You should consider how functional is the air fryer you are planning to buy if you will be using it to try out various recipes. Getting an air fryer with highly customizable cooking settings multi-functionality will give you the freedom you need to explore other recipes you may want to try. Most air fryers offer frying, baking, cooking, and grilling options, but you can also find air fryers with dehydration and broiling options for more versatility.
There is no way you would be encouraged to cook if you have to use an air fryer you are unable to operate with ease. And this is what makes user-friendliness a necessary factor to consider if you are looking for the best air fryer for your Indian cooking. If you are not sure of how easy an air fryer of choice is to operate, you can check out honest reviews from users to confirm before making your buying decision.
Capacity becomes a necessary factor when you think about how many people you will be catering to with your air fryer. If you have a big family, it is only natural to want a large-capacity air fryer to avoid cooking in batches as much as possible. If you live alone or with only a few persons, you could get an air fryer with a smaller capacity to cater to your cooking needs.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Ease of cleaning will no doubt determine the frequency of product use. No one enjoys using appliances that are difficult to get cleaned, and if you end up with an air fryer that does not clean with ease, you will not enjoy using it either. Your product choice will also last longer when you can clean it thoroughly after every use. And you will not have to worry about food particles getting left behind in the cleaning process and breeding germs that may compromise your food quality.
You should also consider the durability of your product choice when choosing the best air fryer for Indian cooking is the durability of your product choice. Because if you end up buying a low-quality product, not only will you not enjoy using it, but you would also be incurring further expenses getting a replacement within a short while.
Frequently asked questions
Is air frying a healthy alternative to deep-frying?
Air fryers give you crispy fried foods with very little or no oil. This is good for shedding calories and staying fit, but while you get these benefits from using an air fryer, it does not necessarily mean air frying is a healthy alternative. It is best to consume air fried foods in moderation, just as you would consume deep-fried foods to avoid health issues.
Can I put a foil in my air fryer?
You can wrap your foods in a foil to lock in moisture if needed. But if you are using a good air fryer, this would not be necessary because the air fryer would lock in moisture in your food during the air frying process. Unless this is a process that you prefer to do for your own personal reasons.
In as much as you can use foils in your air fryer, you should be very careful about this because the forced hot air used in air frying can blow your foil into the heating element and cause a hazard if it is not well placed in the frying basket.
What is the best way to clean my air fryer?
Air fryers are generally easy to clean, and many of them come with removable parts that are dishwasher safe. But the first step to cleaning your air fryer in the best, effective way is to check your instruction manual to make sure you can wash your air fryer accessories in a dishwasher. If you cannot, then you will have to hand wash in warm, soapy water.
It is not advisable to wash your product with abrasives, especially the parts with non-stick coating, because this will cause the coating to peel off, and food will stick more when you cook.
It is also necessary to clean the heating element of your air fryer. This is because food and residue can hide in the heating element and cause your air fryer to smoke or smell.
Always use a soft clean cloth, warm water, mild detergent, and when you need to remove tough stains, baking soda paste for effective cleaning of your air fryer.
Tips to ensure proper preparation of foods with your air fryer
You can get the best cooking results from your air fryer with the following tips:
- Adhere to safety guidelines when setting up and operating your air fryer to avoid accidents
- Avoid crowding your frying basket with food because the air fryer needs space for easy hot air circulation to ensure even frying of your food.
- Consider using parchment liners or coating your frying basket with a little oil to further prevent food particles from sticking to it.
- Clean your air fryer after every use to prevent food and residue buildup. You should only wait for some time after cooking to let the air fryer cool.
- Remember to shake foods when necessary so that your meals will come out evenly fried.
Air fryers are perfect for making different food recipes irrespective of the cuisine. And with a product like the COSORI Air Fryer, you can get the versatility you need to make your favorite Indian food recipes and more. But you do not have to worry if you do not have a budget that fits the COSORI air fryer because you can buy the Dash Tasti-Crisp Electric Air Fryer + Oven Cooker to enjoy cooking your Indian meals too.
- Best Air Fryer for Vegans
- Best Air Fryer for Cooking Steak
- Best Air Fryer for Rotisserie Chicken