If you enjoy eating fish and fish-based meals, then you would definitely want to get the best air fryer for fish. Fish is a very healthy protein source, and the air fryer is a healthier way of cooking your meals than the traditional deep frying in oil. From baked salmon to fish fillets, one thing is sure; cooking fish in your air fryer is an effective way of keeping a healthy diet.
There are several types of air fryer offered for sale in the market. But you don’t have to spend so much to get the best air fryer for fish. The Cosori Smart Air Fryer is an affordable product with a preset cooking option for fish, even while offering more cooking functionality for your fish-based recipes. And the Chefman Turbofry is an even more affordable option that will also meet your cooking needs.
But even if you want a large-capacity air fryer or the best multipurpose air fryer for fish, you will find carefully selected options below to guide your buying choice.
Quick Side-by-Side Comparison
Last update on 2021-02-28 at 04:42 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Overall – COSORI Smart Air Fryer
The Cosori Smart Air Fryer has a smart control feature that makes it compatible with Alexa. It also allows you to control your settings and monitor your cooking with the free Vesync application that also provides you with recipes from all over the world. And these smart features make multi-tasking an easy reality for you.
The COSORI Smart air fryer offers 10 preset cooking functions that include preset options for shrimp, frozen foods, steak, and fish. It comes with a non-stick frying basket that is PFOA and BPA-free, so you don’t have to worry about compromising your health.
Other features of the COSORI Smart air fryer include:
- 60 minutes control timer, adjustable in 1-minute increments for easy regulation of cooking times
- Adjustable temperature control ranging from 170-400F to control your cooking temperatures
- Presets are customizable, which allows you to set and save the perfect cooking time and temperature for each preset
- Shake reminder feature to flip foods during the cooking process, for thorough and even cooking
- The frying basket is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning after use
- The product comes with a recipe book with 100 recipes you can try with your air fryer
Best Budget – Chefman TurboFry 2 Quart Air Fryer
Chefman Turbo Fry is the most affordable air fryer you can get with good quality. Its 2-quart capacity is not great for large families but can sufficiently cater to 2-3 persons. This is a recommended best budget air fryer for fish for singles and couples, camping, and RV use.
The product comes with a non-stick, BPA-free frying basket and a tray to enable you to bake, grill, air fry, and roast almost all kinds of foods, including fish.
The air fryer also comes with the following features for easy cooking and versatility:
- A cool touch exterior to prevent burns from handling during cooking
- Automatic shut off feature to guard against overcooking and burning of foods
- Flat basket design to hold more food without getting bulky
- Dishwasher safe accessories for easy cleaning after use
- 30 minutes timer control to set your cooking time according to what you are preparing
- Adjustable temperature ranging from 200-400F for easy regulation of cooking temperatures
Alternative Best Budget – Ultrean 6 Quart Air Fryer
If you have a large family to feed. And you want an air fryer for fish on a small budget, you should get the Ultrean 6 quart air fryer. One cool feature of this air fryer is that it comes in different colors of red, black, aqua, and white, to give your kitchen the attractive spice of color you prefer.
The product offers frying, grilling, roasting, and baking options, with 7 cooking presets for chips, shrimps, chicken, cake, meat, chicken, and fish. It also comes with these additional features for easy and safe cooking:
- Automatic shut-off feature to prevent overcooking and burning of food
- Overheat protection to avoid cooking accidents
- A touchscreen display that is angled to face you for easy access and operation
- Dishwasher safe frying basket and tray for easy cleaning after use
- Adjustable timer control for setting your cooking times
- Temperature control to regulate cooking temperatures as required
Best Multipurpose – Instant Vortex Pro Air Fryer Oven 9 in 1
The Instant Vortex Pro air fryer comes with a stainless steel frying basket and offers 14 simple touch controls, with 9 built-in smart programs to air fry, broil, bake, toast, roast, reheat, dehydrate, proof and rotisserie with ease. And this makes it a versatile product you will enjoy using.
The stainless steel frying basket is one that rotates, allowing you to tumble-fry your food. The product also comes with cooking trays, rotisserie forks, and spits for more versatile cooking. And the cooking trays can fit into the cooking chamber at once, which means you can cook more foods. Or fry different meals in your fryer at the same time.
Other features offered by the Instant Vortex Pro air fryer include:
- Adjustable temperature control for easy regulation of cooking temperatures
- Timer control to set cooking times according to every recipe
- Smart reminder feature that tells you when to flip your meals to prevent overcooking and burning of foods
- Bright and bold digital display that is easy for users to read
- A detachable door for easier access to the cooking chamber during cleaning
- Dishwasher-safe cooking accessories for easy cleaning after cooking
- Overheating protection to prevent the burning of foods
- A smart feature that remembers your custom settings for easy reference on next use
Best Large Capacity – Iconites 10-in-1 Air Fryer Oven
The Iconites 10-in-1 Air Fryer Oven is not only a large capacity product, but it also comes with a lot of accessories for several cooking options.
The product combines the functions of a rotisserie oven, a toaster, a microwave oven, an air fryer, a thawing box, and a dehydrator. And it allows you to air fry, bake, grill, toast, roast, rotisserie, and dehydrate all kinds of foods, including fish. There are 10 preset options for easy cooking on a visible LED digital touchscreen display that can be accessed and operated with ease.
The Iconites 10-in-1 air fryer oven is perfect for large families and to make meals for small gatherings. It also offers the following features to ensure users have a smooth cooking experience:
- Temperature control ranging from 180-400F for easy regulation of cooking temperatures
- Suction-cup feet to avoid slips and falls.
- Timer control to set your cooking times according to each recipe requirements
- Dishwasher safe parts for easy cleaning after use
Air fryer recipe cookbook
Your product choice might come with a free recipe book you can use, but you will have access to more recipes you can try with your air fryer when you get an air fryer recipe cookbook.
Recipe cookbooks come in different kinds to fit various diet plans. And it does not matter whether you are a vegan, you are on a special diet, or you enjoy a specific kind of meals like Indian or Mexican meals. You will definitely find something you can buy to suit your diet preferences.
You can get your air fryer recipe cookbook with your chosen air fryer by placing the order alongside your air fryer order. And recommendations include:
- Air Fryer Cookbook for Beginners: 800 Affordable Recipes for Faster, Healthier, & Crispier Fried
- The Complete Air Fryer Cookbook
This is another necessity for more versatile and efficient cooking with your air fryer. Depending on the type you buy, your air fryer may come with accessories. And this will mean you do not have to buy any more cooking accessories. But if your product comes with the frying basket alone or very few accessories, you could get an accessory kit to provide you with more cooking alternatives.
Air fryer cooking accessories you will be using with your air fryer include:
- Parchment liners to prevent food from sticking on to the frying basket
- Baking trays
- Cooking molds
- Mesh trays
You can buy your accessories separately or together as one kit. But you should check the product sizes and buy the cooking accessories that will fit into your air fryer.
Air fryer accessories you can buy alongside your air fryer include:
- 8 Inch Air Fryer Accessories Set, Fit All 4.2qt-5.8qt Fryers
- COSORI Accessories XL (C158-6AC) Set of 6 Fit all 5.8Qt, 6Qt Air Fryer
You can choose the best air fryer for fish easily when you consider the following factors before selecting your choice of product:
While it is clear that you would be looking out for air fryers that can cook fish, you will discover that most air fryers do this, and it is best to get a product that offers multiple functionalities.
Buying an air fryer with multiple cooking options will let you explore and discover new ways by which you can enjoy eating your favorite meals. It will also save you the money you would spend buying other kitchen appliances. And if you have a small kitchen space, a multipurpose air fryer will eliminate the need for other gadgets like the microwave and even the toaster.
Ease of Use
This is a necessary factor to consider, especially if you are getting the air fryer for the first time. Your product choice should come with user instructions that are easy to follow, and cooking settings should be very easy to set up for use. It does not matter if your air fryer comes with multiple functions because a good air fryer should be able to provide versatility without compromising user-friendliness.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Getting a product that is difficult to clean will only encourage you to leave your air fryer unwashed more often after use. And this is neither good for your hygiene, nor for the [proper maintenance of the air fryer. Leaving food residues in your air fryer for long will only make it difficult to clean and cause your air fryer to smoke and smell.
It is better to get an air fryer with dishwasher safe cooking accessories, but even if your product choice should not be washed in the dishwasher, you should be able to achieve proper and effective cleaning with mild soap and a soft cloth.
You should choose your air fryer according to your needs. If you are buying an air fryer for RV use, you do not need to get a product with a large capacity. But if you intend to use your product for small gatherings, or you have a large family to cater to, then you should look out for air fryers big enough to make multiple servings at a go.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use foil in my air fryer?
You can wrap your fish in foil before cooking in your air fryer if you need to. This might be so that you can achieve a more even cooking, a unique kind of tenderness, or a proper infusion of cooking flavors. Whatever the case is, it is absolutely safe to use foil in your air fryer.
Air fryers are generally designed to lock in moisture and preserve tenderness in foods. Even as the outer layer of your food is fried to a crisp. But if for any reason you need to use a foil, make sure you use it properly, and avoid getting the foil into the heating element as this might cause a fire hazard.
How to prevent food from sticking to my air fryer?
It is necessary to prevent food from sticking to your frying basket as much as possible to improve its shelf-life. The same applies to other accessories like the baking trays that you use with your air fryer. Air fryers can also be difficult to clean when food particles are sticking on, where such food particles have been left to dry for a while.
While some foods will inevitably stick to your frying basket by their nature, you can minimize food sticking onto your basket and other air fryer accessories by applying a small amount of oil to your coating basket. It is also advised that you get parchment liners and place them on the basket before putting your foods in them to further minimize the possibility of food sticking on to the air frying basket.
How can I get the best experience from my air fryer?
Useful tips you can adopt that will help you get the best out of your air fryer include:
- Following the instructions in your user manual, especially on set up, installation, and safety guidelines. Read the user manual before setting up your product to use so you will not make any mistakes.
- Avoid overfilling your frying basket with foods. The air fryer functions effectively through hot air circulation, and this process becomes difficult to achieve when the frying basket is filled up.
- Clean your air fryer properly after every use, and do not wash your accessories with hard cleaning products, especially your non-stick frying basket. If you clean your air fryer as soon as it cools down, you will find it easy to clean. But where you have tough stains you can’t get rid of, it is best to soak them in baking soda paste for a while instead of scrubbing with a hard sponge.
- Try to clean your heating element sometimes to get rid of food residue that can cause your product to smell and smoke. If your air fryer permits it, you can use a splatter cover to shield the heating element from food splatters that are likely to occur during cooking.
While you will enjoy your cooking experience with an air fryer when you buy the COSORI Smart Air Fryer, the most important thing is to ensure that any product you choose meets your cooking requirements. And this is why other air fryer options have also been made available for you, to ensure you get the best product out there irrespective of your determining factors.
If you get the best air fryer for fish, you will find that there are endless food recipes you can enjoy with your favorite type of fish.
- Best Air Fryer for Rotisserie Chicken
- Best Air Fryer for Cooking Steak
- Best Air Fryer for Vegans