Have you been looking for the best air fryer for donuts without success? Do you wish to enjoy delicious air fried donuts with your family and friends, and you are looking for the most suitable air fryer for this?
If you end up with the wrong air fryer, your cooking experience can go from smooth to ugly in a short period. But with air fryers like the Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer, you are sure to have a great cooking experience. And the Chefman Turbofry Air Fryer also makes this possible for people who live alone do not want to spend so much on an air fryer.
Whatever your needs are, you will find a product for your delicious donuts and other meal options in the recommendations below. With these recommendations, you can save yourself the hassles of trying to choose a product from the large market and minimize the risks of ending up with the wrong product.
Quick Side-by-Side Comparison of the Best Air Fryer for Donuts
Last update on 2021-05-09 at 10:11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Overall – Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer 6 in 1
The Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer is a versatile air fryer that allows you to air fry, bake, broil, reheat and dehydrate in one appliance. The product uses an air crisp technology to give your crispy but tender meals and is suitable for families with its 6-quart capacity.
You can have your meals cooked with very little or no preheating, depending on your recipe, and the product works well for frozen foods too.
The Instant Vortex Plus is an air fryer that offers you the following features:
- Temperature control to set your cooking temperature according to your recipe
- 6 Simple touch controls for easy cooking processes
- Timer control for easy regulation of cooking times
- Cooking accessories that are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning after use
- A smart feature that remembers your cooking settings to make subsequent meal preparation easy
- Beep feature for easy cooking reminders
Best Budget – Chefman Turbo Fry 2 Quart Air Fryer
The Chefman Turbofry is a good option for you if you are single, living in a small apartment, or dorms. Or you need an air fryer for your office, RV, or for camping trips. Because it is a compact and lightweight product, and you can air fry, bake, grill, and roast almost all kinds of foods conveniently in this.
Other features of the Turbofry air fryer include:
- 30-minute timer control to regulate your cooking times accordingly
- A cool touch exterior to prevent burning or scalding injury while handling
- Removable frying basket and tray that is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning after use
- Adjustable temperature ranging from 200-400F to for easy regulation of cooking temperatures
- Automatic shut off feature to prevent burning or overcooking meals
- A flat basket design to hold more food while cooking
Best Value – Ninja Air Fryer that Cooks, Crisps, and Dehydrates
The Ninja Air Fryer is an affordable appliance with a feature many air fryer products within the same price range don’t come with; dehydrating feature. And for a product that performs its air frying, roasting, and reheating functions excellently, it is no wonder it’s a preferred best value product.
The product is so versatile you basically can do all air fryer recipes in it, do your broiling and roasting, reheat your meals without getting it burnt, and dehydrate your foods, fruits, vegetables, and vegetables to your preference. And to achieve all these, the Ninja air fryer offers the following features:
- A multi-layer rack that is dishwasher safe to increase your dehydrating capacity and also allow easy cleaning after use
- Digital adjustable temperature control from 105-400F for easy regulation of cooking and dehydrating temperatures
- Non-stick frying basket and crisper plate for air frying and other cooking options
- Product cooking accessories are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning after use.
- Digital timer control for controlling your cooking times
Best Multipurpose – COSORI Smart 12-in-1 Air Fryer Toaster Oven Combo
This COSORI 12-in 1 Air Fryer is not a multipurpose appliance for nothing. The product comes with 12 preset options so you can bake, roast, air fry, dehydrate, broil, preheat, keep your food warm, slow cook, defrost, ferment, and make pizza in easy steps.
The product also comes with a smart feature that makes it compatible with Alexa, which means you can control your cooking even while doing other chores. It comes with 6 heating elements and a hi-speed air frying technology for fast and thorough cooking. And in addition to this, you also get to enjoy these features.
- Adjustable temperature control ranging from 80-450F for the regulation of cooking temperatures
- Interior oven light to monitor your cooking process
- 26.4-quart capacity for large-capacity cooking
- A frying basket, wire rack, and food tray to support more cooking options
- Timer control for easy regulation of cooking times
Best air fryer with convection oven – Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Oven Air Fryer
If you are looking for a space saver, then the Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Oven Air Fryer is for you. This product is a toaster oven with a built-in air fryer that cooks very fast and efficiently. It is a countertop fit, which means you don’t have to worry about setting up space for it on your kitchen floor and offers seven cooking functions; air fry, convection bake, convection broil, warm, toast, bake and broil.
The Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Oven Air Fryer is made of stainless steel material and comes in black, copper, cream, and silver. So you can choose any color that best suits your kitchen. It is an excellent choice for families and those who live in small apartments since it also eliminates the need to buy an oven and a toaster.
You will enjoy the following features when you buy the Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Oven Air fryer:
- Adjustable temperature control to set your cooking temperatures accordingly
- 60 minutes timer control to regulate cooking times
- Automatic shut-off feature to prevent overcooking and burning of food
- Interior lighting for easy monitoring of cooking process
- Cooking accessories like the oven rack, air fryer basket, and baking pan for more cooking options
- Large surface cooking area for cooking in large amounts
NOTE that; you should monitor your cooking closely until you are sure of cooking temperatures and times for your different meals. The Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Oven Air fryer works fast and may burn your food at recommended temps and times.
Best Air Fryer for Donuts: Buyers’ Guide
There are so many air fryer products offered for sale that making the best decision could become confusing. And this is why you need to set your buying guide before making your decision. You can choose the best air fryer for donuts with ease if you consider the following factors before you choose your air fryer;
Product functionality is a necessary factor to consider because it is the main reason you will be getting any product. Your choice of air fryer should be able to perform its primary functions, and in this case, make the best-tasting donuts ever. But you don’t have to restrict yourself when choosing an air fryer because there are many good options out there with multiple functions. And some of them come with cooking functions that eliminate the need to buy other appliances, like the food dehydrator.
You should look out for products that will perform the functions you want, along with any additional cooking functions that can help you save money and maximize your kitchen space.
It is necessary to consider your budget because this determines what product you will end up purchasing. You should be willing to spend money on a product that excellently caters to all your needs. But even if you do not have much to spend on an air fryer, you should aim at getting the best product available within the range of your budget.
Ease of use
Air fryers are generally easy to use, even for beginners. And your product choice should not be any different. Getting an air fryer that is complicated to use will not only frustrate your cooking efforts but will also discourage and prevent you from maximizing the options offered by the air fryer itself.
If you do not want to end up using your air fryer as home décor only, you should ensure your product choice comes with an instruction manual that is detailed, easy to follow and apply.
Cleaning and Maintenance
This is another necessary step to getting the best out of your air fryer. If you use your air fryer properly, it shouldn’t create a lot of mess, but this will also depend on what recipe you are cooking in your air fryer. Whatever the case is, if your air fryer is easy to clean, you won’t have any issues cooking all kinds of meals in it.
Cleaning your air fryer after every use will help you eat clean, healthy foods. It will also reduce the risk of fire accidents and increase the shelf-life of your air fryer.
If your product choice does not last long, then you will be going through the trouble of getting a better replacement within a short period. You will also be incurring additional expenses getting a new air fryer. And this is why you need to check for product durability when choosing your air fryer.
You may consider other factors like capacity, power, and product size, depending on your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it necessary to preheat my Air Fryer before use?
Air fryers generally work faster than the traditional oven. But whether you choose to preheat your air fryer before using it will depend on your cooking preference, manufacturer’s instructions, and the type of recipe you are cooking in your air fryer.
Some foods turn out best when you preheat your air fryer before putting them in, and some manufacturers will advise that you preheat their product to get the best cooking experience. But you will get the same result from preheating your air fryer and putting in food directly without preheating most of the time.
If you are not sure how to go about it, especially as a beginner, it is advised that you follow the manufacturer’s instructions regarding preheating. And you should keep doing this until you know what is best for any recipe you are cooking with your air fryer.
What is the best way to clean my Air Fryer?
The first step you should take when you get your air fryer is to read your instruction manual on setting up, cleaning and maintenance. It is advisable to clean your air fryer before first use to get rid of production residues and make them suitable for use.
To clean your air fryer effectively, you should do your cleaning almost immediately after every use. Leave only sometime after unplugging the appliance to let it cool and wash immediately. Cleaning your air fryer soon after use will help you achieve the best cleaning results.
Your product manual will come with guidelines for cleaning your product. Cleaning guidelines for each product depending on whether the product parts can be washed in a dishwasher without compromising on product quality, or not. But these are the general steps to cleaning your air fryer effectively:
- Unplug your air fryer when you are done cooking and let it sit to cool for a while
- Remove all detachable parts and wash them accordingly. If they can be washed in the dishwasher, you can wash them there or, you should only clean them with hot soapy water and a soft cloth.
- If you have any tough stains on your air fryer or product parts, make a paste with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide and apply them to the tough stains. Then let it sit for a while.
- Wipe paste with a soft cloth until stains are gone and wash accordingly.
- Clean your air fryer interior with a damp, soft cloth; do not submerge it in water.
- You can turn the air fryer upside down to access the heating element and wipe it too. Residues in heating elements can cause smoking and smelling.
- Clean the exterior of your air fryer with soapy water and a soft cloth
- Wipe away all soap with a damp, soft cloth and wipe again with a dried one
- Allow your air fryer and product accessories to air dry before rearranging them and putting them away.
How can I make the Best Donuts with my Air Fryer?
You can get a recipe book for doughnuts or look up recipe tricks and tips online to get the best donuts with your air fryer, but here are some general tips that will help you achieve properly and even-fried doughnuts with your air fryer:
- Avoid overcrowding your basket to avoid unevenly fried donuts.
- If you are a first-time user, try to keep a close eye on your cooking because recommended temperatures and cooking times may not always be accurate.
- Try to get evenly cut donuts of the same sizes; you can use a cutter to achieve this. It will also help ensure all your donuts get cooked at the same time.
- Use parchment liners or coat basket lightly with oil to prevent your dough from sticking to the frying basket.
What do I do if my Air Fryer smokes too much or starts to smell?
Your air fryer can smoke if you do not follow installation and set-up guidelines carefully. But if your product starts to smell or smoke after some time of use, you should consider cleaning out your heating element as much as you can.
Residue buildup in your heating element can cause the air fryer to smoke or smell, or both. And this is why you should clean it out first before jumping to the conclusion that there the problem is a technical one. If the appliance continues to smoke or smell after cleaning the heating element, you may consider reaching out to your product support for more clarifications.
Note that; some air fryers release a plastic smell that goes away after a few uses. But if your product doesn’t stop smelling like plastic or chemical, get in touch with the seller and consider available options like returning the product to get a replacement or a refund of your money.
When it comes to making the best tasting donuts for yourself and your loved ones, you need to get a very efficient and versatile air fryer you can customize to your taste. These are the benefits you will enjoy with the Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer, but this is not to say you cannot enjoy delicious donuts on a small budget. The Chefman Turbofry Air Fryer and other recommendations that have been made are well suited for your different needs too.
Just don’t give up on making those deliciously air-fried donuts you have been craving for so long.