Buying an air fryer with a dehydrator option saves you the additional expenses of getting an air fryer and a dehydrator. This is obviously the main reason you would be looking for the best air fryer for dehydrating.
The good news is that reliable products like the Ninja Air Fryer, and the GoWISE USA Air Fryer, which you can get on a lower budget, offer a dehydration option for you to dehydrate your foods, fruits, and veggies with ease.
If you are looking for a suitable air fryer with a dehydrator option to meet your needs, then you should choose from the reliable options that I have put together for you below:
Quick Side-by-Side Comparison
Last update on 2021-02-28 at 12:42 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Air Fryer Overall – Ninja Air Fryer
The Ninja Air Fryer offers a low temperature and low fan speed that allows you to dehydrate fruits, beef jerky, veggie chips, and other items to store or use as snacks.
The product also comes with 3 other programmable cooking functions so that you can air fry, reheat, and roast foods with the same machine. The Ninja air fryer is a high-quality product that offers the following features:
- An adjustable temperature control ranging from 105-400F for easy regulation of cooking or dehydrating temperature
- A multi-layer rack that is dishwasher safe to increase your dehydrating capacity and also allow easy cleaning after use
- Non-stick frying basket and crisper plate for air frying and other cooking options
- Timer control for controlling your cooking times
Best Budget – GoWISE USA Electric Air Fryer with Dehydrator
The GoWISE USA GW22956 7-Quart Electric Air Fryer with Dehydrator is not only on a lower budget, but it also comes in a 7-quart capacity that makes it suitable for a large family. This air fryer has 8 cooking options for you to air fry, broil, roast, grill, bake, reheat, keep warm, and dehydrate your foods with ease.
The product offers the following cooking features, together with specific features for the best dehydrating experience:
- 60 minutes control timer to regulate your cooking times. The timer allows 2-24hours setting for the dehydrating option.
- Temperature control ranging from 180-400F and 90- 170F for dehydration of foods, with 5 minutes increments for easy control
- 3 stackable racks for large-capacity food dehydration
- Recipe book with 100 recipes for cooking alternatives
Best Runner Up – Chefman 6.3 Quart Digital Air Fryer
The Chefman 6.3 Quart Digital Air Fryer is another air fryer with a dehydrating option that will satisfy your cooking needs. You should consider choosing this air fryer if you are looking for an air fryer larger than the Ninja air fryer but is also up to the dehydrating task you plan to use it for.
The product comes with 8 preset options that allow you to air fry, reheat, bake, roast, rotisserie, broil, toast, and dehydrate your foods with ease. It uses a rapid air heating technology with a high-speed convection system to achieve an even, crispy frying of foods. And it comes with the following features for better cooking:
- Interior lighting that enables you to see what you are cooking during the process
- 2 removable racks for easy dehydrating of foods, and other accessories to aid more cooking options
- adjustable temperature control for easy regulation of cooking temperatures
- Timer control feature so that you can set your cooking times as you desire
Best Multipurpose – Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven 7 in 1
The Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven 7 in 1 is an air fryer that allows you to cook multiple meals at once with its two-tray options. It comes with 7 preset cooking options to bake, roast, broil, toast, dehydrate, and rotisserie in quick and easy steps.
The product does everything a toaster, oven, microwave, and dehydrator can do, which means you get to save money and cooking space when you buy this machine. It works by circulating hot hair to cook your food evenly and lock in moisture so that you get crispy but tender fried foods. It requires very little or no preheating time and remembers your previous cooking settings.
The Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven 7 in 1 also comes with the following features for a better cooking experience:
- 14 simple touch controls for easy customization of cooking times and temperature
- Two cooking trays to make multiple foods at once
- Smart program display to show you cooking times and cues
- adjust able temperature control for easy regulation of cooking temperatures
- Timer control to set your cooking time as desired
Best Large Capacity – NUWAVE BRIO 14-Quart Large Capacity Air Fryer
Consider getting the NUWAVE BRIO 14-Quart Large Capacity Air Fryer if you are cooking in large quantities, or you need your fruits and jerky dehydrated in large batches. This product comes with 100 preset cooking options and 2 heavy-duty stainless steel racks to dehydrate your foods.
You can toast, air fry, rotisserie, bake, grill, and dehydrate with this machine, and it also remembers your customized settings so you can easily fall back to them when cooking.
The NUWAVE BRIO 14-Quart Large Capacity Air Fryer comes with the following features for easy cooking:
- Temperature control ranging from 60-212F and adjustable in 1F increment
- adjustable wattage control for power customization
- Multi-level design to enable you to cook multiple meals at once
- Customizable timer control to regulate your cooking times
- Detachable door for easy access to the cooking chamber to make cleaning easier
Recommended Accessories for Air Fryer for Dehydrating
Air fryer dehydrator accessories
There are several air fryer accessories you will need to buy if you desire to make the best use of your air fryer. These accessories include cooking molds, grilling racks, baking trays, and parchment papers. But if you are buying the air fryer to enjoy its dehydrating feature, you should consider getting dehydrating tray racks to make your dehydrating process easier.
Your air fryer will most likely come with racks, especially if it has a dehydrator feature, but you may need to buy more, depending on your cooking needs.
You should also get dehydrator sheets to protect your trays and make cleaning easier for you after each use. These dehydrator sheets will also help prevent liquids from dropping from your foods into the air fryer during the dehydration process.
Dehydrator racks and sheets are readily available in different sizes on Amazon, and you can order them alongside your air fryer.
- Goldlion Dehydrator Rack Stainless Steel Stand Accessories Compatible with Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker and Air Fryer 6.5 and 8 Quart
- Homey 10-Pack Flexible Reusable and Resizable Non-Stick Teflon Food Dehydrator Sheets, 14×14-Inches
Recipe books will offer you more cooking options that you can achieve with your air fryer. There are several recipe books you can get to get the best cooking from your air fryer, but if you are keen on using your air fryer for dehydrating foods, you should also get a dehydrating recipe booklet.
Your air fryer is also likely to come with a recipe booklet you can use, but the recipe provided is usually limited and might give you very little or no dehydrating recipes.
Dehydrating recipe booklets are also available on Amazon, and you can get them alongside your air fryer.
- The Ultimate Dehydrator Cookbook: The Complete Guide to Drying Food, Plus 398 Recipes, Including Making Jerky, Fruit Leather & Just-Add-Water Meals
- GoWISE Air Fryer Cookbook for Beginners: 600 Delicious and Easy Low-Fat Air Fryer Recipes to Fry, Bake, Roast, Dehydrate for Your Family
To get the best Air Fryer for dehydrating in a market full of various types of air fryers, you will need to consider certain factors that will help make your buying decision easier. These factors include:
This is a necessary factor you must consider when choosing the best air fryer for dehydrating. You should look out for the functionality the air fryer of your choice offers, and more importantly, the dehydrating function you would like your air fryer to have. Having an air fryer with multiple cooking functions gives you more cooking options, which means that you get the best cooking experience out of your product choice.
Ease of Use
Your air fryer should be easy to use regardless of the cooking option you are using. The easy operation will not only make the process less tedious, but it will also encourage you to get your cooking done in time. Look out for air fryers with easy to use and efficient dehydration functions if you will be using your air fryer to dehydrate a lot.
Cleaning and Maintenance
The easier it is to clean out your air fryer after use, the more likely you will make use of it often. Using dehydrator sheets with your racks is also a way to minimize dirt and ensure that your dehydrator racks can be washed easily.
Check to make sure your chosen product is suitable for dishwashing before you wash them in a dishwasher, or you would have to wash them by hand in warm soapy water. If you buy a high-quality material, the most you would have to do when food sticks on your accessories are to soak them for a while with baking soda paste to get rid of the tough stains.
Your desired capacity will be based on whatever purpose you would like to use your air fryer for. You will need an air fryer with a large cooking capacity if you are looking for an air fryer suitable for cooking or dehydrating in large quantities. Fortunately, you can get your air fryer in your desired size to meet your cooking needs.
Get an air fryer you can use for a considerable long time before needing a replacement. This is the only way to put your money to efficient use. If you end up with a product that does not last, you will spend more money buying a replacement, and you would also have to go through the hassles of shopping again.
Frequently Asked Questions.
How can I effectively use my air fryer to dehydrate foods?
The first step to effectively dehydrating foods with the air fryer is to find an air fryer with a dehydration option. Dehydration does not require a high temperature, but the required temperature and dehydrating time will depend on what you are dehydrating. Dehydrating temperature and time will also be determined by the thickness of the food you are dehydrating. Thinner slices of food will dry more quickly than thicker sizes. To get well-dehydrated foods, you should stick to the following instructions:
- Achieve perfect slices with the use of a cutter like a mandolin. This will help ensure that your foods dehydrate at the same pace and time.
- Do not stack foods on top of each other to enable even heat distribution.
- Read your air fryer manual and check the dehydration setting for the different kinds of food you can dehydrate. E.g., fruits and veggies.
- Check your foods to ensure complete removal of moisture before removing your dehydrated foods.
- It is generally ideal that your foods are dehydrated at a temperature as low as 200F, but this will ultimately depend on what type of food is being dehydrated.
How often do I need to clean my air fryer?
It is easy to yield to the temptation of not cleaning your air fryer often because the air fryer does not make a mess when you use it. But you should clean your air fryer after every use.
It is not healthy to leave your air fryer unwashed because food grease and particles left behind can breed germs. Particles caught in the heating element can also cause your air fryer to start smoking with time. Leaving your air fryer unwashed for too long can also make the washing process tedious when you finally get to wash it because particles get dried and become tougher to remove.
You can let your air fryer sit for some time to let it cool after use, but once it’s cool, ensure you get it washed and dried immediately. This will also help improve shelf-life, and most importantly, you can enjoy cooking with your air fryer without exposing yourself to the risk of cooking with an unclean appliance.
What is the best way to clean my air fryer?
Many air fryers have detachable parts that you can wash in the dishwasher. But you should not just assume that it is safe to clean your air fryer accessories in a dishwasher. Check your instruction manual to make sure you can, so you do not compromise your accessories. You should wash your air fryer accessories in warm soapy water if you find that you cannot clean the parts in a dishwasher.
Avoid using strong abrasives to wash your accessories because the coating can peel off during wash, and this will only cause food to stick to them more while cooking.
Take time to clean the heating element of your air fryer. Food particles and residue can get stuck in your air fryer’s heating element and cause your appliance to bring out smoke during use.
Use baking soda paste to remove tough stains, wash appliance with mild detergent, warm water, and soft clean cloth. And do not forget to air dry properly before storing or using it again.
What foods can I dehydrate with my air fryer?
You can dehydrate basically all the kinds of foods you can dehydrate with a dehydrator with your air fryer. These include veggies, fruits, meats, and herbs. But the best way to know what kind of foods you can dehydrate is to buy a dehydrator recipe that will expose you to more foods you can use with the dehydrator and how to go about it. In the alternative, you can go on the internet to find out more about dehydrating foods and the possible recipes you can make with it.
It is necessary to make sure you buy an air fryer with a dehydrating option if you want to use your air fryer for dehydrating. Air fryers generally get hot pretty quickly, so if it doesn’t come with a dehydrator setting, there is a huge possibility that you will not be able to achieve the dehydration you desire for your foods.
The Ninja Air Fryer is a popular and efficient choice for the best air fryer with a dehydrating option. However, if you desire another kind of air fryer, you should make your choices from the selections above to have the best dehydrating experience with your air fryer.
- Best Dehydrator for Drying Mushrooms
- Best Affordable Dehydrator: Hamilton Beach 32100A Review
- Best High-End Dehydrator: Excalibur 3926TB Review